Sport Chalet Interview Questions in La Canada Flintridge, CA | Glassdoor

2.0

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Canada Flintridge, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sport Chalet (La Canada Flintridge, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Discussed all logistics with Recruiter, and interviewed the next day with the hiring Manager. General questions like why you want to work here, your proficiency with Excel/SAP, if you would be a fit with the company, etc.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about an experience with a marketing project you did, and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Canada Flintridge, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chalet (La Canada Flintridge, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied in person and the manager said they would contact me within the next week, but didn't (application to interview time took about 2.5 weeks). I then called to follow up after a week of no contact and was told to ask for the hiring manager who I was told wasn't there that day (or for the following 2 days) and when I finally got a hold of him, he said that they weren't hiring at that time. 4 days later, I received a call to schedule for a group interview on one of the following 3 days, of which I chose the soonest date and time available.

Dress code seemed business casual (both me and fellow applicants wore dress shirts and slacks) for the interview. Store employees wore polos.

The interview itself was run a group format with 2 other applicants (and an apparent no-show) along with the store's hiring manager running the interview. The questions were pretty general (i.e., What interested you in working at Sport Chalet? What do you consider providing quality customer service to be? Do you play any sports or do any outdoor activities? What customer service/sales experiences do you bring to the table?) like they were trying to get a general idea of what department to place you, if hired. One of my fellow applicants was SCUBA certified and he asked more about that, but otherwise questions were pretty general.

The interview ended and the hiring manager said they had more applicants to interview later in the week and to follow up in a week if we hadn't heard from them. Once again, upon calling back, I had a difficult time reaching the hiring manager, until he eventually told me the position had been filled.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Canada Flintridge, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chalet (La Canada Flintridge, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Two group interviews in which one manager interviewed 3 people. I had a different manager each time I was interviewed, first with a low level manager and then with the general manager.

Buying Clerical Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Canada Flintridge, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sport Chalet (La Canada Flintridge, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

It was a phone interview and then I was brought in to meet in the Clerical Manager. She was sweet and didn't really give a good job description. I thought this would open doors for me but it was pretty much dead end.