Sport Chalet Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 25, 2017

2.3

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sport Chalet.

Interview

i got a phone call to get a group interview. I showed up and waited with a group of people (four). The manager asked us questions took turns. About a week later i recieved another call for a one on one. The same day i got an offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sport Chalet

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chalet (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The store was in transition to new processes when I was in the hiring process. So it took a little bit longer (understandably). I went in a couple times to see and talk to the manager to ensure that I didn't get lost in the shuffle. I was interviewed twice in one week by two different managers. It went well.

Interview Questions

• Why Sport Chalet?   1 Answer
    • Describe a bad customer service experience.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sport Chalet.

Interview

asked about a job in person, filled out an application on the spot, and interviewed the next day
    5 person group interview
    interviewer arrived late
    got offered the job on my way home from the interview, and higher pay than I'd expected

Interview Questions

Negotiation

you might be able to negotiate for a higher rate of pay, I didn't try, but they generally do not give raises once you work there.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sport Chalet.

Interview

submitted an interview as it was my first job in high school. I showed up and was interviewed my the manager on duty. I was asked basic behavioral questions along with situational questions. The interviewer proceeded to ask me about my past expierences and what I now about the company. All standard questions for anyone going into an interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

straight offer with an hourly salalry.

Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chalet (Valencia, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

About a two weeks after I applied I was called in for a group interview. It was a pretty basic interview; Tell me about yourself, why you're best for the job, etc. They also gave a couple hypotheticals which were also pretty basic. (Talk about passion and you're golden.). I got a call later that afternoon asking if I wanted to come in for an individual interview later that week. That interview was also pretty easy. They asked questions like: What's your favorite subject in school and how can you apply that to your job?, what can you bring to this job? They also asked me to sell them the product they had on the table (Socks and the custom orthotics they sell in the footwear dept.)

Interview Questions

• You're the manager of a small business and you have two employees training right now. You can only keep one of them. Employee A has pretty good sales numbers but isn't very friendly. He/She is not rude but is a bit stand-offish. Employee B is extremely friendly and customers love to see him/her. His/Hers numbers aren't bad but they're a bit below where they should be. Which employee would you choose to stay with the company and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Interview

I applied online and got called back in a few days. It was a group interview. There were 2 groups of interviewees of about 15 people each. They took us into the backroom; the interviewer asked a question and each person would have to answer the question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Canada Flintridge, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chalet (La Canada Flintridge, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied in person and the manager said they would contact me within the next week, but didn't (application to interview time took about 2.5 weeks). I then called to follow up after a week of no contact and was told to ask for the hiring manager who I was told wasn't there that day (or for the following 2 days) and when I finally got a hold of him, he said that they weren't hiring at that time. 4 days later, I received a call to schedule for a group interview on one of the following 3 days, of which I chose the soonest date and time available.

Dress code seemed business casual (both me and fellow applicants wore dress shirts and slacks) for the interview. Store employees wore polos.

The interview itself was run a group format with 2 other applicants (and an apparent no-show) along with the store's hiring manager running the interview. The questions were pretty general (i.e., What interested you in working at Sport Chalet? What do you consider providing quality customer service to be? Do you play any sports or do any outdoor activities? What customer service/sales experiences do you bring to the table?) like they were trying to get a general idea of what department to place you, if hired. One of my fellow applicants was SCUBA certified and he asked more about that, but otherwise questions were pretty general.

The interview ended and the hiring manager said they had more applicants to interview later in the week and to follow up in a week if we hadn't heard from them. Once again, upon calling back, I had a difficult time reaching the hiring manager, until he eventually told me the position had been filled.

Anonymous Employee in La Canada Flintridge, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chalet (La Canada Flintridge, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Two group interviews in which one manager interviewed 3 people. I had a different manager each time I was interviewed, first with a low level manager and then with the general manager.

Anonymous Employee in Marina del Rey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sport Chalet (Marina del Rey, CA).

Interview

Interview was easy - first I was called at 8pm and asked if I could come in the next day and interview. It was a group interview asking; What is your work history and tell me of a good/bad experience you had as a customer. They want to know if you know what Good customer service is and how to make customers happy. Then I was called to a one on one interview with the store manager. I would suggest you have an idea of what the company is about, read the sports chalet story on their website and have an idea of what department you would fit best at and why. Then you also have to take a phone interview, mostly asking if you take drugs or are late to work just answer common sense. Then your hired or not. good luck.

Interview Questions

• have you ever used a sales system and what did that system include?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, They offer you accept or decline.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sport Chalet (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

I was called within a week of applying. The woman interviewing clearly never read my application because I was applying for a job in the water sports department, yet I was interviewed for something different.