Sport Chalet Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sport Chalet Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Sport Chalet

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chalet (Vacaville, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Casual interview with the general manager in his office. It was face to face. I would say the interview was more gauged on personality and demeanor verse experience. One of the easier interviews I've gone through.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sport Chalet

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sport Chalet.

Interview

i got a phone call to get a group interview. I showed up and waited with a group of people (four). The manager asked us questions took turns. About a week later i recieved another call for a one on one. The same day i got an offer.

Anonymous Employee in La Canada Flintridge, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chalet (La Canada Flintridge, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Two group interviews in which one manager interviewed 3 people. I had a different manager each time I was interviewed, first with a low level manager and then with the general manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Canada Flintridge, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chalet (La Canada Flintridge, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied in person and the manager said they would contact me within the next week, but didn't (application to interview time took about 2.5 weeks). I then called to follow up after a week of no contact and was told to ask for the hiring manager who I was told wasn't there that day (or for the following 2 days) and when I finally got a hold of him, he said that they weren't hiring at that time. 4 days later, I received a call to schedule for a group interview on one of the following 3 days, of which I chose the soonest date and time available.

Dress code seemed business casual (both me and fellow applicants wore dress shirts and slacks) for the interview. Store employees wore polos.

The interview itself was run a group format with 2 other applicants (and an apparent no-show) along with the store's hiring manager running the interview. The questions were pretty general (i.e., What interested you in working at Sport Chalet? What do you consider providing quality customer service to be? Do you play any sports or do any outdoor activities? What customer service/sales experiences do you bring to the table?) like they were trying to get a general idea of what department to place you, if hired. One of my fellow applicants was SCUBA certified and he asked more about that, but otherwise questions were pretty general.

The interview ended and the hiring manager said they had more applicants to interview later in the week and to follow up in a week if we hadn't heard from them. Once again, upon calling back, I had a difficult time reaching the hiring manager, until he eventually told me the position had been filled.

Anonymous Employee in Marina del Rey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sport Chalet (Marina del Rey, CA).

Interview

Interview was easy - first I was called at 8pm and asked if I could come in the next day and interview. It was a group interview asking; What is your work history and tell me of a good/bad experience you had as a customer. They want to know if you know what Good customer service is and how to make customers happy. Then I was called to a one on one interview with the store manager. I would suggest you have an idea of what the company is about, read the sports chalet story on their website and have an idea of what department you would fit best at and why. Then you also have to take a phone interview, mostly asking if you take drugs or are late to work just answer common sense. Then your hired or not. good luck.

Interview Questions

• have you ever used a sales system and what did that system include?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, They offer you accept or decline.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sport Chalet.

Interview

submitted an interview as it was my first job in high school. I showed up and was interviewed my the manager on duty. I was asked basic behavioral questions along with situational questions. The interviewer proceeded to ask me about my past expierences and what I now about the company. All standard questions for anyone going into an interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

straight offer with an hourly salalry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Interview

I applied online and got called back in a few days. It was a group interview. There were 2 groups of interviewees of about 15 people each. They took us into the backroom; the interviewer asked a question and each person would have to answer the question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chalet (Tempe, AZ) in July 2010.

Interview

Things seemed to be unorganized with this company as to how interviews should be done. The managers at some of the locations seemed to not know what was going on or who was going to be doing the interviewing. This was the second store I interviewed at. The day I was asked to come in for the interview the manager was not even there that I was going to originally interview with, so there seemed to be no structure with the interview.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have that would benefit you in doing this job?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a good and bad experience that you may have had recently and why do you think I asked this question?   Answer Question

I choose to decline the offer because of how unorganized things were with interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sport Chalet (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2008.

Interview

Face to face interview with store Assistant and/or General Manager. Easy process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Slightly negotiable salary

Anonymous Employee in West Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chalet (West Los Angeles, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

The hiring process is long. I applied in person early in January 2010, and got my 1st call back around Feb. 2nd asking me to come in the next Thursday. The hiring process is cut into 3 stages. The 1st interview is by phone. The manager calls you in, takes you to the office, sits you down, gives you a number to dial, and you answer about 200 questions. If everything is cleared, you get a 2nd call asking you to come in a do a 1:1 interview with one of the assistant managers or dept. heads. If they like you, they will then give their recommendation to the general manager, who will call you in for a 3rd interview, which is 1:1 with him/her. If the general manager gives you the thumbs up, you will be called later with a firm job offer, starting wage, and orientation date. After that, it's all golden.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply, and want to work at Sport Chalet?   1 Answer
    • Give an example of a previous experience, where you either received or gave excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You aren't really able to negotiate. They will either have an opening for you, or they won't.