Sport Chek Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sport Chek Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jan 21, 2017

2.3

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Walked into the store 10 minutes early for my interview. Introduced myself to one of the cashiers and told her i had an interview. Told me to look around the store while the manager was out. I was greeted by the manager with a handshake we talked about my education what i aspired to be we went to the back i sat down and the conversation flowed from there.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sport Chek

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online, after 2 week phone interview came, and then I had an in-person interview the next week. The phone interviewer told me that I did a great job answering the questions and I was eligible for an in person interview. For what I have experienced. When I came in for the interview, the manager told me that they already had all the answers for questions from the phone interview, and asked similar questions from the phone interview. After my interview, the same day, in the evening, I got an email saying that I didn't get the job.
    Although it was an easy interview, but it felt like they didn't need any person for hiring which felt like a complete waste since the email came too quickly. It was a let down. I do not think this was worth the effort.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Milton, ON (Canada)).

Interview

So fast, i applied at 10am got a call around 6pm. Did an over the phone interview, recruiter asked generic "what would you do if..?" questions. Then scheduled me for an in person interview three days later. Just waiting for them to check refrences can take a while

Interview Questions

• What does it say about somebody when they don't follow through with what they say they're going to do?   Answer Question
    • What was your first athletic memory, good or bad.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chek in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received a call ~2 days after and answered several in depth questions about brand knowledge, work experience, what I like about the brands sold at Sportchek, etc. Took 20 minutes. Was then set up for an in-person interview which took place the next day, ~10 minutes and was very casual, much easier than over the phone. Got a call 6 days after to say I got the job.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

I was called for a phone interview 3 wks after applying. She was very kind and asked situational questions regarding customers. Also asked me about my previous job experience and how I live an active lifestyle. I then had a one on one interview with the recruiting manager and she asked me 3 questions and that was it! I got a call the next day to accept the job offer

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to sport chek?
      Describe a time you went far and beyond what was expected of you?
      What was your first experience with a sport and why do you like it?
      What is an important skill to have when dealing with customers?
      Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Richmond, BC (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online and phone call came couple days later, interview was a week after. There was a phone call interview and in person interview. In both interviews had similar questions. There were a lot of questions asked in the phone interview. During the in person interview the person went through my resume and then asked me 3 questions. Overall the process was very good :)

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chek.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from the Sport Chek HQ in BC. They interviewed me over the phone for about 15mins and I got another call about a week later for another phone interview. Finally I had an in person interview and got hired a few days later.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chek (London, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

I had to begin the process by applying online and completing an aptitude test, from there I had a phone interview, and then an interview in person consisting of similar questions from the phone interview. I appreciated that they gave me feedback through all interview processes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond what was expected of you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ajax, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Ajax, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

First, I had an over the phone interview with a hiring employee from British Columbia (applied for position in Ontario). After successfully passing the interview (30-45 min), I had an in-store interview with the manager. Very relaxed atmosphere and staff. Manager was very nice and his composure helped calm my nerves. Manager was very lighthearted and friendly. He seemed rather impressed when I shook his hand firmly (not too tight though or else that shows you are trying to display control). Didn't get the job. As told by the manager himself, I lost the position (only 1 position) to an older candidate with more experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked about which sports I take part in and why.   Answer Question
    • How can you bring your passion for sports and being healthy with you to this job?   Answer Question
    • Do you think you can influence customers to want to strive to become healthier?   Answer Question
    • (Phone question): Give an example of a time —whether at school or work— of a challenge you were faced with and how you dealt with it.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Selkirk, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Selkirk, MB (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got called for a short phone interview a few days later. After the initial phone interview I was scheduled for a second, more in depth phone interview. In 2nd phone interview i was offered an in person interview. Following the in person interview I was told I would most likely hear a call back that night with an offer for the position. Very lengthy process, lots of questions were asked throughout the interviews but none of them were too difficult.

Interview Questions

• What do you look for in an athletic shoe?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at Sportchek?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you went above and beyond to help a customer.   Answer Question