Sport Chek Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 3, 2017

2.3

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

The process took about two weeks. I applied online, got a call from HR (third party interviewer maybe?) two days later. This call was a lengthy phone interview, asking standard questions like why I wanted to work at Sportchek, what sports I play, experience in customer service. I then got moved on to the next portion where an in-person interview was set up with the hiring manager at the store I applied to. Went for a short in-person interview (Same questions but fewer). A week later got a call back with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sport Chek

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

Did the online assessment (make sure to do well, the manager looks at the results). Called for on the phone with HR 2 days later. Asked many questions, lasted 30 minutes. Scheduled for in-person interview to meet the manager; lasted 15 minutes. In person was mostly for the manager to meet you and explain the job to you, as well as going through your resume Manager was very friendly and easy to talk to. Called 6 days later and told I got the job.

Interview Questions

• PHONE PORTION
      Why are you a good fit for this job?
      Why do you want to work here?
      Describe a time when you went above and beyond in a cashier position.
      What are the most important attributes for a cashier?
      Which of these attributes do you think you excel in?
      Tell me about the sport that you do.
      Describe a time where you fixed a problem
      What is something you would like to work on?
      What were your responsibilities as a cashier at your old job?
      Talk about a goal that you achieved and how you achieved it.   Answer Question
    • IN PERSON PORTION
      Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Saskatoon, SK (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Fast. Applied last night, then got a call next morning. Lasted 30mins. Got an in-person interview scheduled in 2 days. In-person interview lasted 10mins. Got hired a few days later. Loved HR and the Manager.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

The application online had a quiz portion to verify that you're mentally healthy/have sound reasoning skills. The day after, I got called for a phone interview. Very basic questions like availability, how many months I can commit, have I ever handled money before on the job, etc. There were a few questions about my resume and previous experiences. Basically just going over, asking about job responsibilities, asking about any instances in resume history where I was not working (my answer: chose not to work during first year of uni to focus on school). They call you for an in-store interview if you pass the phone interview. Phone interview went well until the question about previous cashier experience/money handling came up, as I had had no previous experience, which I think likely disqualified me for an in-store interview, especially compared with other people with experience who applied for the position. The interviewer was very friendly and made me feel at ease.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Walked into the store 10 minutes early for my interview. Introduced myself to one of the cashiers and told her i had an interview. Told me to look around the store while the manager was out. I was greeted by the manager with a handshake we talked about my education what i aspired to be we went to the back i sat down and the conversation flowed from there.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online, after 2 week phone interview came, and then I had an in-person interview the next week. The phone interviewer told me that I did a great job answering the questions and I was eligible for an in person interview. For what I have experienced. When I came in for the interview, the manager told me that they already had all the answers for questions from the phone interview, and asked similar questions from the phone interview. After my interview, the same day, in the evening, I got an email saying that I didn't get the job.
    Although it was an easy interview, but it felt like they didn't need any person for hiring which felt like a complete waste since the email came too quickly. It was a let down. I do not think this was worth the effort.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Cambridge, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Received a call from HR first before actually having an interview set up in person. The phone interview was about 10-15 minutes long, not hard at all. Then an interview was set up in person at the store location with the store manager. Very quick interview, friendly, hired me on the spot after 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How do you live a healthy active lifestyle   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Milton, ON (Canada)).

Interview

So fast, i applied at 10am got a call around 6pm. Did an over the phone interview, recruiter asked generic "what would you do if..?" questions. Then scheduled me for an in person interview three days later. Just waiting for them to check refrences can take a while

Interview Questions

• What does it say about somebody when they don't follow through with what they say they're going to do?   Answer Question
    • What was your first athletic memory, good or bad.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chek in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received a call ~2 days after and answered several in depth questions about brand knowledge, work experience, what I like about the brands sold at Sportchek, etc. Took 20 minutes. Was then set up for an in-person interview which took place the next day, ~10 minutes and was very casual, much easier than over the phone. Got a call 6 days after to say I got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

I was called for a phone interview 3 wks after applying. She was very kind and asked situational questions regarding customers. Also asked me about my previous job experience and how I live an active lifestyle. I then had a one on one interview with the recruiting manager and she asked me 3 questions and that was it! I got a call the next day to accept the job offer

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to sport chek?
      Describe a time you went far and beyond what was expected of you?
      What was your first experience with a sport and why do you like it?
      What is an important skill to have when dealing with customers?   Answer Question