Sports Authority Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

1.7

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Asked a few questions about my background and experience, like in customer service, cashier, retail, etc. Then asked if they could do a background check. Asked if I had been to college, where I went, what degree I got including the minor. Finally they stressed that this would be a temporary position due to the fact that the company was closing all stores in the state.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sports Authority

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sports Authority in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online on Tuesday. Received a call a week later to come in the next day. Manager was nice and laid back. Interview lasted about 15 minutes. She really liked my interview. She liked me so much that she said I'll do better on the floor as a sales associate in footwear. Said I'll be getting paid 8.50 or 9.00 an hour. She made it seem as if I already had the job. Told me I'll be receiving a call within the week to come back on either Friday or Saturday for my second interview. Friday comes, and still didn't get a call. I called, spoke to the manager that interviewed me to find out that the other manager already filled the position. Huge disappointment and shows lack of communication within management.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Very easy and carefree. They call you to interview with store manager and they go over what you need to do. They ask you about previous jobs as well. Thats it

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

the interview process is really quick and easy. You don't have to know too much about sports but knowledge is always a bonus. You don't have to be too nervous because it's super easy to catch on. Also they don't ask too many questions.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

i applied online.
    i visited the store the next day.
    i wanted to know if there was an extra step i could do in order to get noticed.
    they said yes! an associate gave me a piece of paper to write my name:___ phone #:_____ & last 4 digits of my social so that the manager can access my application.
    the associate told me i'll get a call in a few days..
    a week passed and no call.
    so i went again and i was lucky enough to talk to the manager. i introduced myself and he knew who i was..he had reviewed my application and he was about to contact me for an interview!
    he asked me if it was okay if i did an interview right now..
    i said of course! the only issue is that i'm not professionally dressed for an interview, i apologize.
    he said not to worry about it, it was unexpected.
    his assistant interviewed me. it was sooo easy.
    she asked me my availability and where have i worked before? and if i would be good at signing customers up for the rewards card. i said yes! she said she will discuss it with the manager and they will call me back. i left the store and 10min later i got the call and they offered me a job!

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to work here? Have you ever worked with an angry customer and how did you resolve the issue? Why should I hire you? They never even asked me anything about sports.

Negotiation

Asked me how much Im expecting to get paid. I asked him what was the average salary for my position and he said 8.50 so I took it.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Baltimore, MD) in June 2014.

Interview

It was a standard interview. Nothing special, no questions that were too hard. It was just manager and I. He asked about my previous employment and about my skills. Nothing too off the wall. It was a good experience overall. It took him about a week or so to get back to me, but I got the job and I took it. The next week I went to a location for drug testing and I passed so I started sometime after that.

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Tysons Corner, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

Met one on one with the manager i charge of my department. After the interview was told I had the job and had to let them know when I could start

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Denver, CO) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online, a week later the store manager called and asked if I could interview. Went in the next day, seemed like a normal interview (nothing you wouldn't expect). Then two weeks later I was offered the position over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you over the guy I'm interviewing directly after ypu .   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Kennesaw, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

no process ,,, went to store after no response from online application submitted. very nice operations manager hired me .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none, just take the basic pay....not alot of jobs out there