Sports Authority Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Sports Authority Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Jan 14, 2017

1.5

Anonymous Employee in Frankfort, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Frankfort, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Your love for sports and your experience in retail. How often you will be available and how would you handle customers in situations. How would you greet a customer, you have to be super nice and always smile at the customer. You need to be flexible in the departments. They want to make sure you will be friendly and always smiling. You need to be good at customer service.

Technical Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied through their website and got called in for an interview. I got called in fairly quickly after applying but after being applied, it took some time to actually start working.

Interview Questions

• What types of sports have you participated in the past?
      Have you worked in retail before?
      Do you have any experience with tech repair work? (ski, tennis stringing, or bicycle tune-up)
      1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Had 2 interviews, first with softlines manager very basic and very easy. Asked basic customer service and sports questions. Next day had interview with store manager. Went over sports questions, he was trying to figure out what department I would be good to work in.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orland Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Orland Hills, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

I spoke with the store manager when shopping in the store. She told me to apply online and wait a few days to make sure the application was processed. After a few day I was instructed to call to follow up. The hiring manager told me she had not looked at applications yet but would call back once she had reviewed them. Two weeks went by before I was called. I was called in for an interview int he store where i was asked questions about sports and my retail experience. I was hired on the spot pending my background check and drug test results

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Since I had already worked in retail, my interview was basically to describe my experiences with customer service. They look for things like leadership, competitive nature, self-set goals, resilience, etc. They also want you to ask MANY questions

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

face to face, then job offer.easy interview, they needed bodies to fill their floors.
    manager asked what my experience was.he also had me show him around the stoor and talk about the different items.

Interview Questions

• what was your availability
      How comfortable are you working weekends
      what sports do you play
      1 Answer

Training/Ops Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied on S.A. Elite website. Was contacted by store manager 2 weeks later as a position became available. Set up an in - person interview at the location. Interview was a one - on one process with the store manager. It was very candid but, professional. Manager didn't ask me any "What if..." or "How would you act in this situation" type of questions.

Interview Questions

• Pretty straight forward interview. Talked about my accomplishments and what I wanted out of the job. Talked about what I expected from S.A. that wasn't accomplished at my other positions. Talked about the company's direction and expectations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

I did the application via internet on their website under careers. At first you choose what jobs you want to apply for and where then you fill out basic information name, phone number, previous work experience, etc. After that you fill out if you have been convicted of a crime etc. After that information is all finished you take a personality test, I think they call it, and then wait for a phone call. They called while I was away at school and asked for an interview that week but I told them I could not come home because I was in Iowa. They were completely fine with that and told me to call back a week before I would be coming home. I called at that time and scheduled an interview at the store. I went to the store and was asked about my previous work experience, why I wanted to work there, and what made me fit for the job. The manager told me to come the next day and to bring my id, social security etc. I then came the next day with those things and went to take a drug test after.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions asked that were out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a part time job seasonal and they offered me 25 cents over minimum wage so I did not negotiate.

Merchandising Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Not much as far as an interview process very low key and no drug testing seems to be a lot of turn over thus a company cuts cost had two interviews one with store and another with district managers. From start to finish lasted just over a week before an offer was made

Interview Questions

• Most questions were tied to keep you talking to evluaye your personality and ability to communicate   Answer Question

Footware Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Vernon Hills, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

Very easy just talking about past jobs and why you would be a good fit with the company. The interview consisted of one manager essentially telling you what you are responsible for. It was very straight forward and nothing unexpected. There was no drug test.

Negotiation

None