Sports Authority Co Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sports Authority Co Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 4, 2017

1.8

Co Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

Talked with an SM at a location. He asked what position I was interested in. He asked why I wanted to work for the company, if I was currently working and why I left my last position. He then asked if I had questions. I asked alot of questions about the responsiblities of the position and related it to my background to give assurance. He then said that if they were interested that I would get a call in a month and that they were just seeing what was out there. He was professional.Two days later, I received a call from another MGR and went to a second interview. The SM spoke on and on about her personal life ( past injuries and family medical issues) for about an hour. I felt like a counselor. I then come to find out that she was interviewing for hourly team lead positions where I would need to relocate since the new store was extremely far away from where I live. I drove 49 miles one way for this interview where I thought I was interviewing for a salary position.She asked me: would I socialize outside of work with coworkers, about why I left a job where I had worked 10 years ago, and about what the 1st screener spoke about. Most of my time was listening to her rattle off her to do list for the new store that she was taking over and personal issues that were inappropriate for an interview.She came across as extremely anxious, overwhelmed with her work and apologized for having OCD.

Interview Questions

• Would I socialize with coworkers outside of work? She mentioned that people at her store play some sports together but they don't invite everyone????   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sports Authority

Co Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sports Authority in August 2013.

Interview

interview was very quick with very little on history of sales. it took a day for the interview and a week for the drug screen and a week for oriention. then a two week training pay to learn the job. had to buy your own shirts and had a great discount on cloths and shoes. discount card was there in a month or so.

Co Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

Interview process was terrible. This should have been a tip off of the horrible company culture. Went to two initial interviews, over a period of six weeks in which my phone calls were very rarely returned. It seemed as though they could not seem to make a timely decision on how to proceed, but kept stringing me along. Finally they told me I was definitely hired, then all of a sudden out of nowhere told me that the position had been filled.

They kept telling me however that I was perfect for the company and should be patient. Eventually they did contact me again and after another two months and three additional interviews, again with few phone calls returned, I was finally hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No real negotiation, just an offer.

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mays Landing, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Mays Landing, NJ) in May 2010.

Interview

It was a regular interview and normal questions were asked. They asked me about my sneaker knowledge and how I could apply it to their establishment.

Co-Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sports Authority in August 2010.

Interview

Came to a conference room with District Managers, Regional Managers and HR Managers. Given a packet of information about a "fictional store' and asked questions about what you would do as the store manager to turn things around, what things stand out to you, etc.

Way too much emphasis put on non-important factors. i.e. Work history, education history, etc. (I'm already employed with the company, this was a "promotion evaluation".

To be honest, I can do everything that the DM's RM's, heck, even everything David Campisi does. But I would do it better, make the company more succuessful and actually have employees who like to work for TSA.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to turn this store around?   1 Answer

I have come to realize that without a BA degree and without knowing someone to give me a "leg up", I'm never gonna get out of working at the store level. I'm sorry, but I'm not gonna spend 10-20 years working for TSA to top out at a Store Manger or even at the DM level. The people at the store level are the ones who bust their butts making sales and dealing with customers. People at Corporate don't have to work on Sundays and don't have to work till 10, 11, or 12pm and have no life.