Sports Authority Interview Questions in Denver, CO | Glassdoor

2.5

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Service Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Englewood, CO).

Interview

Brought back from the reception room to the Managers office. The interview was very short and sweet, and the manager gave absolutely no verbal, physical, or other cues that the interview was going well or bad. I left the interview thinking it had gone horribly, but later learned that they liked me. Do not expect to know anything when you walk out of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a Service Desk and a Help Desk   Answer Question

Technical Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Littleton, CO).

Interview

I dressed up in a suit and tie, and prepared for an interview like normal. I was sent to the restroom/office area to meet an associate. I don't know what his job title was but he was dressed in shorts, and a black t-shirt. We sat down in rolling chairs, in some sort of utility room. He goes straight into explaining that they are hiring for the SNIAGRAB event. A wonderful, two week long winter clearance event!!! Exactly the opposite of what I wanted. He hadn't even looked at my application until I told him that I applied for the Tech position. He looked at my app, and confirmed that was the case. That's when we talked about my qualifications, which I had. But "the position had been filled." I said "Thanks," and he walked me out. It's basically an interview where as long as you show up, you're hired... Be prepared for the Bait and Switch.

Interview Questions

• "Do you have any questions."   1 Answer

Analyst Business Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Englewood, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Lengthy, uninformed. I felt like i was there to interview them. Long wait for a call back, 6 weeks. Turned down the job after this. Called several times and never heard back

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Discussed the needs for the job itself, the briefly discussed my passions and future goals. The customer care position required a lot of 1:1 customer contact (on the phone) in resolving escalated issues from the stores. This was a fast paced position.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in the next 5 years?   1 Answer

Visual Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Englewood, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position and about 3 days later, I received a phone call asking to interview. I had my interview that week. It was very casual and laid back, the interviewer was focused on getting to know me as a person and my career background. Her manager came in and interviewed me as well. They made me feel very comfortable. I received an offer over the phone about a week a later.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Englewood, CO).

Interview

Phone screen by recruiter, phone screen with hiring manager, in person interview, offer. They were desperate to get someone in to take on the load and unfortunately let that drive their process instead of properly conducting the interviews and allowing others besides the hiring manager and his boss to have input.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate on salary. They came in at the higher end of my range and $10k above my last FT role, so I saw no need. I did not need their health insurance. I asked for three weeks vacation instead of two, but they would not budge on that per company policy. I was unemployed at the time, needed the job and it looked like a great opportunity.

Visual Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Englewood, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

30 minutes of "get to know you" and experience related dialogue. Met with 2 individuals and had an easy conversation regarding my previous employment, areas of expertise, and personal background. All the people I met from the front desks, through the interview were very kind and seem happy. It was mutually decided that this was not the right position for me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the Sports Authority? Why are you the right person for the position? Where would you like to be in 5 years?   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Englewood, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Very slow...applied for one job, but was interviewed for one I didn't apply for as well. I was mislead on the job duties, which ended up being way below my skill set. The interviewers were nice but they were very rushed. I did 2 interviews in 30 minutes.

Product Allocator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Englewood, CO) in December 2014.

Interview

applied online through their website. Was then contacted by their recruiter. We set up a phone interview. After that I was called within 2 days to set up a one on one with 2 of the Allocation Managers. Interview process took about 2 hours. One went rather quickly, the other manager was had alot to say and made it more of a conversation than interview which was nice. from there it took about 2 weeks to receive an offer. Started one week after offer was given.

Interview Questions

• what are your hobbies? What experience do you have in the retail industry. What would your dream job be?   1 Answer

Costumr Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Denver, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

1 short interview 1 on 1, Was easy and comfortable the whole time. Was called in a week after I applied and was offered a job 2 days after the interview. All in all the whole process was quick and easy.