Sports Authority Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sports Authority Department Manager Interview Questions

2.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Spokane, WA) in August 2011.

Interview

Standard and generic in nature. I sat 1 on 1 with the store manager for roughly a 20 minute interview. I had previous management experience so they skipped some of the preliminary process and jumped into seeing if I could meet their needs. Regrettably I accepted a job offer on the spot. I was promised pay increases each year that never matched my 7 year total.

Interview Questions

• Give us a time you were challenged to go above and beyond for a customer?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sports Authority

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Sarasota, FL) in November 2008.

Interview

Initial interview was by phone. Had a 1:1 interview with manager & a 1:1 interview with the district manager.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2008.

Interview

Was called to interview for a Dept Manager positon, First spoke with another dept mgr....then the store manager on the same day It went smoothly. I was then told I would be called back if the DM was interested. Next day I was called in by the DM and the interview went awesome. We talked for over an hour and he told me he had other candidates but would let me know. I waited about a week and was called and offered the position!

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Denver, CO) in May 2008.

Interview

I was looking for a company with more advancement opportunities. This new company provided more opportunity for advancement as well as a more suitable product to my preferences and hobbies. I interviewed with three store managers as well as the district manager and was offered a job within a week of the interview.

Department Manager Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority in April 2011.

Interview

The interview process went pretty smoothly. Applied on-line on a Friday and called the following Monday to schedule a 1:1 interview with the SM. Met with the SM went over my background and asked a few questions only in regards to my background. No job related questions to ask related to position; lasted 30min. Seemed interested of me. Called the same day after interview and scheduled an interview with the DM on Friday of the same week. Met with him (ensure to walk the store while waiting) they look at things like that. He asked about my background and do I feel I can do the job. Lasted about 20min and was told I'll get a call from the SM I interviewed with initially. She called me the following Tuesday and I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Initially offered $14.44 and I requested $15 which she stated she'll have to consult with the DM for approval. I shouldn't have accepted, but I ended up accepting $14.50 due to wanting to leave current gig. The position should definitely start at $40k minimum.