Sports Authority Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Sports Authority

1.9

Sort:

Associate Interview

Interview

Met with store manager. Asked me questions about my background and interests. Talked aboout my availability and future plans. I received a phone call and was hired one week later.

Visual Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Englewood, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

30 minutes of "get to know you" and experience related dialogue. Met with 2 individuals and had an easy conversation regarding my previous employment, areas of expertise, and personal background. All the people I met from the front desks, through the interview were very kind and seem happy. It was mutually decided that this was not the right position for me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the Sports Authority? Why are you the right person for the position? Where would you like to be in 5 years?   Answer Question

Visual Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Englewood, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position and about 3 days later, I received a phone call asking to interview. I had my interview that week. It was very casual and laid back, the interviewer was focused on getting to know me as a person and my career background. Her manager came in and interviewed me as well. They made me feel very comfortable. I received an offer over the phone about a week a later.

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Provo, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online, didn't do anything else other than that. Was contacted by a manager at the store within a couple weeks and told to come in for an interview. Had an in-store interview followed by a phone interview with the head manager. After that, was hired within a week. Overall it wasn't too rigorous of a process.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Miami, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Interviewed 3 times: Group interview, then callback for interview with ops manager, and finally interviewed by store manager. Group interview was overcrowded in a cramped room. One of the managers was very flippant and uninterested. Then continually criticized random applicants when he felt like it. Very unprofessional, to say the least.

Interview Questions

• Hypothetical questions about a variety of customer service interactions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Tulsa, OK) in September 2012.

Interview

It was short and simple. Why do you want to work here? have you worked in clothes? do you know anything about sports?

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority in January 2012.

Interview

Basic Questions - One on One with the Store Manager & then an interview with the District Manager. They were all sales related questions.

What do you know about the company?
    What products do we sell?
    How would you approach a customer?
    Are you a team player?
    Why would you be an asset to Sports Authority?

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? Tell us the products that we sell   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked me what I wanted to get paid, I was offered what I asked for.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Englewood, CO) in December 2012.

Interview

A third party recruiter set my interview up. I met with three people, one of them being a director in the department. The interview took about an hour, they asked basic interview questions and went over my experience. I showed several pieces of my portfolio and they asked questions about my work. Other than that pretty straight forward. Everyone was really nice.

Three and a half weeks later I was asked to do a simple skills test to demonstrate that I had the knowledge to perform within the position. Shortly after I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation since I knew the terms of the contract they had already decided through the recruiting company..

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Englewood, CO) in September 2014.

Interview

Casual, not very informative, managers were asking pretty relevant questions, didn't do it on site, recruiter was great in the process, job offer came within two days, managers and directors were friendly

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

After getting through a phone interview with HR, I was selected to be interviewed in person. I was scheduled for a two and a half hour interview with 5 different people at half hour intervals. One person was out, so that cut short my interview by a half an hour.
    I made it through the first two interviews fine, and it was a lot of telling my story over and over again to different people. I did make the faux pas of not brining in my resume, but the first two candidates were okay with that since they had the soft copy in a Word document.
    Then I got to a VP who picked apart my resume and my experience. She kept repeating a lot of the same questions that I had given her answers to previously as if my original answer was not satisfactory to her. A lot of the really nit picky questions were not relevant to the job I was applying for, and the interview went downhill fast as I struggled with the pressure to come up with examples for every little thing she was asking. I felt like I was being interrogated more than interviewed since she was very intimidating in her interview style.
    In the end, I ended up being questioned about my integrity as far as what I had on my resume and walked out of the door by the VP and my interview ended before I could see the last person.
    I feel as though the situation could have been handled in a better manner by the VP and her comments towards me could have been either framed in a different manner or not discussed in front of me. I know I could have handled it better on my end by being better prepared with all of those examples so they could roll off of my tongue much easier than they did in that interview.
    Needless to say, I will not apply for another job with this company again, however, it did give me some lessons on how to better prepare for my next interview with hopefully a less difficult person.
    Also, it gave me insight into what would be a good fit for me as far as field wise and culture wise. This company is a high pressure retail environment, and it would not have been a good fit for me in the end, so it was a lesson learned on many levels.