Sports Authority Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sports Authority Interview Questions

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

I went in. I gave a fantastic interview (probably a better one than most of the candidates they had all month), and I still didn't get the job, even though they had a ton of positions opened in many locations. And it was all because I'm entering my forties. These ageists wasted my time

Interview Questions

• What do you feel is most important when working with others?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Cerritos, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

A total joke. Got called in for an interview, went well, was told by the manager they'd call me for a second interview. I waited for two weeks, and didn't hear from them. After a week I called and they said to call back the following week as the hiring manager wasn't in. So after another week I called. He said they weren't hiring at this time. Total waste of time, not at all professionally done.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sports Authority in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online on Tuesday. Received a call a week later to come in the next day. Manager was nice and laid back. Interview lasted about 15 minutes. She really liked my interview. She liked me so much that she said I'll do better on the floor as a sales associate in footwear. Said I'll be getting paid 8.50 or 9.00 an hour. She made it seem as if I already had the job. Told me I'll be receiving a call within the week to come back on either Friday or Saturday for my second interview. Friday comes, and still didn't get a call. I called, spoke to the manager that interviewed me to find out that the other manager already filled the position. Huge disappointment and shows lack of communication within management.

Store Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied Online, received personal call from DM inviting me in for interview. Apparently it was a job interview for many in a location. I first got called in by a SM (thought he was a DM, never really introduced himself or his title) DM came in behind him and they went back and forth. Very laid back, no clue what position I applied for, first clue is when he asked me what I was looking for in pay per hour, I said I'm hear for a management position, it's salaried, apparently my request of just 5K more than what I'm currently making as an Assistant thru them off. Interview was friendly and light and easy, they were very pleasant and super friendly, but figured it was a done deal when he said we'll make a decision next week, don't take it personally if you don't hear from us, it's not that we don't like you?

Interview Questions

• Am I a merchandising manager/or a sales manager? When I said sales, they came back, sales thru merchandising, or customer service? Would I travel to a store that was 60 miles away? When I said that was a bit far, he picked a store that was 55 miles away? The store listing for the posting was closest to my home, which is why I applied, though I said I was willing to go to any store with my county or within 25 miles.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority in April 2015.

Interview

Very laid back. I spoke to two managers at the store. Was more of a friendly conversation than an interveiw. They do what to hear about your background in sports so make sure to talk about that during the interveiw. I also dressed up in a dress form my interveiw as well and brought them a copy of my resume even though I had already given them one with the online application. I filled out.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Daly City, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received email that it was submitted. Received another email that I will be called for a phone interview. Afterwards scheduled an interview in store. Didn't have interview with actual manager, but a different manager.

Interview Questions

• How much would you be able to cut away from your current pay rate?   Answer Question

Visual Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Englewood, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

30 minutes of "get to know you" and experience related dialogue. Met with 2 individuals and had an easy conversation regarding my previous employment, areas of expertise, and personal background. All the people I met from the front desks, through the interview were very kind and seem happy. It was mutually decided that this was not the right position for me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the Sports Authority? Why are you the right person for the position? Where would you like to be in 5 years?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

After getting through a phone interview with HR, I was selected to be interviewed in person. I was scheduled for a two and a half hour interview with 5 different people at half hour intervals. One person was out, so that cut short my interview by a half an hour.
    I made it through the first two interviews fine, and it was a lot of telling my story over and over again to different people. I did make the faux pas of not brining in my resume, but the first two candidates were okay with that since they had the soft copy in a Word document.
    Then I got to a VP who picked apart my resume and my experience. She kept repeating a lot of the same questions that I had given her answers to previously as if my original answer was not satisfactory to her. A lot of the really nit picky questions were not relevant to the job I was applying for, and the interview went downhill fast as I struggled with the pressure to come up with examples for every little thing she was asking. I felt like I was being interrogated more than interviewed since she was very intimidating in her interview style.
    In the end, I ended up being questioned about my integrity as far as what I had on my resume and walked out of the door by the VP and my interview ended before I could see the last person.
    I feel as though the situation could have been handled in a better manner by the VP and her comments towards me could have been either framed in a different manner or not discussed in front of me. I know I could have handled it better on my end by being better prepared with all of those examples so they could roll off of my tongue much easier than they did in that interview.
    Needless to say, I will not apply for another job with this company again, however, it did give me some lessons on how to better prepare for my next interview with hopefully a less difficult person.
    Also, it gave me insight into what would be a good fit for me as far as field wise and culture wise. This company is a high pressure retail environment, and it would not have been a good fit for me in the end, so it was a lesson learned on many levels.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Brooklyn, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

the interview as simply mostly questions about my experience with sports equipment. And some questions about prior job history, also pictures of sports equipment for me to name. all around the interview as pretty simple. they look more for job history than anything else.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Denver, CO).

Interview

asked about technical skills and approach towards a problem, organizational skill questions
    some stupid psycho questions, meant more like wasting time, irrelevant to the job
    felt like there was conflict b/w managers and the other person trying to build a team