Sports Authority Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sports Authority Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

1.9

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

The interview was quick. 15 minutes with no questions about my previous sales experience. A manager did ask me about my work papers tho. The only downside during the interview was interruption of other sales associates. interview process included filling out some paperwork that I do not remember now.

Interview Questions

• Did you have papers to work? (Really??? It was my first question during the interview).   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Olympia, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online then was brought into the store for a in person interview, was really quick and was hired on the spot. My friend worked as a manager and gave me a refferal. PLus, they were going ut of business so they needed more help since employees were finding new jobs

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

I went in. I gave a fantastic interview (probably a better one than most of the candidates they had all month), and I still didn't get the job, even though they had a ton of positions opened in many locations. And it was all because I'm entering my forties. These ageists wasted my time

Interview Questions

• What do you feel is most important when working with others?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Asked a few questions about my background and experience, like in customer service, cashier, retail, etc. Then asked if they could do a background check. Asked if I had been to college, where I went, what degree I got including the minor. Finally they stressed that this would be a temporary position due to the fact that the company was closing all stores in the state.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Hanover, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sports Authority (East Hanover, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied on a Tuesday and received a call for an interview on the following Monday. I was asked to come the next day. The interview was fairly easy. The sales manager was very nice and down to earth. She asked me questions about my knowledge related to sports and asked about my availability.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sports Authority (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Pretty Straight Forward, Got Hired on the spot! Asked about experience and reviewed my resume. The store manager asked about myself, and loved how I used to play a sport during high school. She chose to ask me whether I wanted to work in a specific department. Like I said pretty straight forward!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Store manager asked about my experience and went over my resume to chose my department and my pay.

Anonymous Employee in Frankfort, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Frankfort, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Your love for sports and your experience in retail. How often you will be available and how would you handle customers in situations. How would you greet a customer, you have to be super nice and always smile at the customer. You need to be flexible in the departments. They want to make sure you will be friendly and always smiling. You need to be good at customer service.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

Very easy. I got a phone call a couple days after putting in an application. After the phone call I had an interview within like 2 days and I was offered a position. The interview went very smooth. It was like having a simple conversation with the manager with a couple questions here and there. Very easy if you have retail background.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

interview was very easy got a phone call came in the next day for an interview with 2 managers first was with the floor supervisor second was with the manager got a call a few hours later and got the job...EASY!

Associate Interview

Interview

Met with store manager. Asked me questions about my background and interests. Talked aboout my availability and future plans. I received a phone call and was hired one week later.