Sports Authority Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 28, 2017

1.9

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

The interview was quick. 15 minutes with no questions about my previous sales experience. A manager did ask me about my work papers tho. The only downside during the interview was interruption of other sales associates. interview process included filling out some paperwork that I do not remember now.

Interview Questions

• Did you have papers to work? (Really??? It was my first question during the interview).   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sports Authority

Anonymous Employee in East Hanover, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sports Authority (East Hanover, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied on a Tuesday and received a call for an interview on the following Monday. I was asked to come the next day. The interview was fairly easy. The sales manager was very nice and down to earth. She asked me questions about my knowledge related to sports and asked about my availability.

Anonymous Employee in Woodside, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Woodside, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

It was very easy because the person interviewing me was my own cousin. So that made it go really light. If it wasn't for my cousin then I would have still got the job because I'm a very confident person

Interview Questions

• Do you get along well with others?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Sherman Oaks, CA).

Interview

I got a call to come in for an interview. Usually get interviewed by 2 of the managers. It was fast and easy, they were nice. They asked about my past experience, about sales goals and competition and about my availability. Pretty basic and easy.

Interview Questions

• How do I feel about competition and daily goals?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hialeah, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Hialeah, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

Manager was super friendly and laid back during interview, I was really nervous and shaky but she told me she'd give me a shot and I was hired right after interview was done.

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Burbank, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Very comfortable interview. i was only asked two questions that were not difficult whatsoever. As long as you show up on time, with the right attire and attitude, you got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Torrance, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I got a call the day before. The interview was very easy. The manager who interviewed me was super chill and laid back. Felt more like a conversation rather than an interview. For me most interviews are awkward or make me feel super awkward, but I was actually very comfortable. Told me I might get another call for a second interview or an orientation. Got a call for an orientation.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

Very friendly and easy going. Felt good being able to feel comfortable at an interview. Sports Authority was very considerate of my class schedule and was able to talk things out with me.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2014.

Interview

I received a call from the store manager to come in for the interview. It lasted much longer than expected but was very relaxed. He did not ask many specific questions in terms of experience, but rather talked to me like he wanted to get to know me and my personality. Sports authority interviews are about finding employees that will best get along with the other workers. Other questions were fairly basic, asking about your experience, how you get along with coworkers, how you speak to customers with specific issues, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you got into an argument with a coworker. How did you react?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Norfolk, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a call about two weeks later for a interview. Interview took about 20 minutes. A week after the interview I got a call offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to handle an unsatisfied costumer.   Answer Question