Sports Authority Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sports Authority Interview Questions

Updated Feb 4, 2017

1.9

Co Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sports Authority in August 2013.

Interview

interview was very quick with very little on history of sales. it took a day for the interview and a week for the drug screen and a week for oriention. then a two week training pay to learn the job. had to buy your own shirts and had a great discount on cloths and shoes. discount card was there in a month or so.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Secaucus, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

Brief interview. I had a referral so that helped it was more about getting to know me and to see my background and job experience and they also reviewed my resume.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

face to face, then job offer.easy interview, they needed bodies to fill their floors.
    manager asked what my experience was.he also had me show him around the stoor and talk about the different items.

Interview Questions

• what was your availability
      How comfortable are you working weekends
      what sports do you play
      1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Englewood, CO) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. I had one interview with one of the senior buyers. I was called the next week to let me know I had been successful in terms of getting into the merchandising training program rather than the role I had applied for because I was not yet at that experience level.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions: Why this industry, tell me about yourself, why retail.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ledgewood, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Ledgewood, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

We went over my experiences in past places of work and what my best qualities are. After a while of talking and questions we figured I'd be best suited for a sales position because I was oitgoinf. I was hired the same day I came in and was happy

Apparel Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Manchester, NH) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview was very basic and quick, "Why do you want to work here?" "do you have experience?"
    Also follow up was very quick. Got a phone call in 2 days with a job offer.

Senior Sales Authority Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Seattle, WA) in January 2013.

Interview

Hiring manager brought me into the office and asked about past experience and motivations for joining the company. I responded to all questions and they asked about my past sales experience and records. They seemed impressed. Senior hiring manager then asked me to sell them a product from the store, and when I presented a convincing pitch I was hired. You have to apply in person then do a screening and skills test, and have to submit a personal resume with cover letter to get a good chance at the position.

Interview Questions

• How did you do in your last position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated $2.00 an hour increase for promised sales performance.

Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Olympia, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online then was brought into the store for a in person interview, was really quick and was hired on the spot. My friend worked as a manager and gave me a refferal. PLus, they were going ut of business so they needed more help since employees were finding new jobs

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

interview was very easy got a phone call came in the next day for an interview with 2 managers first was with the floor supervisor second was with the manager got a call a few hours later and got the job...EASY!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Tempe, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call from one of the managers. I was asked to meet for a quick interview with her and then I met with the store manager for another 15 minutes or so, then I got a phone call later offering me the job.