Sports Authority Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sports Authority Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Authority (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews. First was with a shift manager, the second was with the lead cashier, and the third was with the store manager. The last interview with the store manager was more informative and going over the job duties that I would be undertaking.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation in which a customer is angry with you and the product you are trying to sell them?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

Very laid back. Asked some easy questions about experiences that would be relevant to the job such as working as a team and stepping out of my comfort zone. Was offered a job on the spot.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

The interview begins with questions about who you are, why do you want to work here, do you have any retail or sports experience. Following that, you are given different scenarios and asked how you would respond to them.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer wanted a certain tent that we didn't have in stock?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

It went well. They were very friendly and made sure to contact me as quickly as possible. I had been given an interview and within one week was hired.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Tysons Corner, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

Met one on one with the manager i charge of my department. After the interview was told I had the job and had to let them know when I could start

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niles, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Niles, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

It was quick, asked a couple questions, checked to see if I had experience and asked when I could work because of school schedule. Willing to accept my college schedule would be volatile and hired me. I had to get a drug test and wait for a background check, it was very quick and easy.

Interview Questions

• How were your sales numbers in your previous employer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Stony Brook, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Stony Brook, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online then about one week later was called and asked to come into for a brief interview. During the interview the hiring manager asked what made me qualified for the position and how I could help out the store.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Houston, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

It was the typical interview process. They asked questions about my past working experiences and also how I saw myself fitting in with the company. I was content by how the process went and it was a very professional experience.

Co Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sports Authority in August 2013.

Interview

interview was very quick with very little on history of sales. it took a day for the interview and a week for the drug screen and a week for oriention. then a two week training pay to learn the job. had to buy your own shirts and had a great discount on cloths and shoes. discount card was there in a month or so.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Secaucus, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

Brief interview. I had a referral so that helped it was more about getting to know me and to see my background and job experience and they also reviewed my resume.