Sports Authority Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sports Authority Interview Questions

Updated Nov 28, 2017

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

Very easy. I got a phone call a couple days after putting in an application. After the phone call I had an interview within like 2 days and I was offered a position. The interview went very smooth. It was like having a simple conversation with the manager with a couple questions here and there. Very easy if you have retail background.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

interview was very easy got a phone call came in the next day for an interview with 2 managers first was with the floor supervisor second was with the manager got a call a few hours later and got the job...EASY!

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodside, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Woodside, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

It was very easy because the person interviewing me was my own cousin. So that made it go really light. If it wasn't for my cousin then I would have still got the job because I'm a very confident person

Interview Questions

• Do you get along well with others?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Interview

Met with store manager. Asked me questions about my background and interests. Talked aboout my availability and future plans. I received a phone call and was hired one week later.

Service Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Englewood, CO).

Interview

Brought back from the reception room to the Managers office. The interview was very short and sweet, and the manager gave absolutely no verbal, physical, or other cues that the interview was going well or bad. I left the interview thinking it had gone horribly, but later learned that they liked me. Do not expect to know anything when you walk out of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a Service Desk and a Help Desk   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Sherman Oaks, CA).

Interview

I got a call to come in for an interview. Usually get interviewed by 2 of the managers. It was fast and easy, they were nice. They asked about my past experience, about sales goals and competition and about my availability. Pretty basic and easy.

Interview Questions

• How do I feel about competition and daily goals?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Cerritos, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

A total joke. Got called in for an interview, went well, was told by the manager they'd call me for a second interview. I waited for two weeks, and didn't hear from them. After a week I called and they said to call back the following week as the hiring manager wasn't in. So after another week I called. He said they weren't hiring at this time. Total waste of time, not at all professionally done.

Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Chula Vista, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

First you have the basic interview where a manager just gets to know you. Then there is a more formal interview after you pass the online test. The final interview is with the general manager. So overall it is a three-step process

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Miami, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview has to have been the most comfortable thing I've ever faced. It didn't really feel like an interview. It felt more like a few questions in between a regular conversation you would normally have. When I walked in, I was pretty nervous but the young lady at the register reassured that everything was going to be okay. Being in there already made me feel like I joined a big family. He asked me some questions and hired me right on the spot.

Interview Questions

• As an exercise, he handed me a stapler and said sell it to me to see my skills.   1 Answer

Operations Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lacey, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Lacey, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

Very easy. First interview with SM was just about myself. Next day met with DM and he didn't ask any hard questions either. Just how I discipline, push sales, push rewards cards etc.
    Did not accept offer. Looks like cool place to work. Just too low of pay for ME.