Sports Authority Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

1.9

Service Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Englewood, CO).

Interview

Brought back from the reception room to the Managers office. The interview was very short and sweet, and the manager gave absolutely no verbal, physical, or other cues that the interview was going well or bad. I left the interview thinking it had gone horribly, but later learned that they liked me. Do not expect to know anything when you walk out of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a Service Desk and a Help Desk   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Sherman Oaks, CA).

Interview

I got a call to come in for an interview. Usually get interviewed by 2 of the managers. It was fast and easy, they were nice. They asked about my past experience, about sales goals and competition and about my availability. Pretty basic and easy.

Interview Questions

• How do I feel about competition and daily goals?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Cerritos, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

A total joke. Got called in for an interview, went well, was told by the manager they'd call me for a second interview. I waited for two weeks, and didn't hear from them. After a week I called and they said to call back the following week as the hiring manager wasn't in. So after another week I called. He said they weren't hiring at this time. Total waste of time, not at all professionally done.

Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Chula Vista, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

First you have the basic interview where a manager just gets to know you. Then there is a more formal interview after you pass the online test. The final interview is with the general manager. So overall it is a three-step process

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Miami, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview has to have been the most comfortable thing I've ever faced. It didn't really feel like an interview. It felt more like a few questions in between a regular conversation you would normally have. When I walked in, I was pretty nervous but the young lady at the register reassured that everything was going to be okay. Being in there already made me feel like I joined a big family. He asked me some questions and hired me right on the spot.

Interview Questions

• As an exercise, he handed me a stapler and said sell it to me to see my skills.   1 Answer

Operations Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lacey, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Lacey, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

Very easy. First interview with SM was just about myself. Next day met with DM and he didn't ask any hard questions either. Just how I discipline, push sales, push rewards cards etc.
    Did not accept offer. Looks like cool place to work. Just too low of pay for ME.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

Initially phone screened by HR to get a rough idea of my background, qualifications, salary expectations, etc. Was interviewed by several different people on the team including direct boss, VP as well as some other individuals I'd be closely working with. All were in a 1:1 setting and asked different flavors of the same questions such as times I'd overcome challenges, approaches I'd take to solving different problems I might encounter in my new role, my preferred style of how to manage and how to be managed, etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you prefer to be managed?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority in October 2015.

Interview

I put in my application on 10/16 i then called 10/17 and left my name with the manager. Called back on 10/20 Talked to the hiring manager, she said within the week she is making calls for interviews for holiday hiring. Called to check in on 10/27 talked to the hiring manager again she later called back to schedule an interview for 10/30, and on 11/6 was offered the positition.

Interview Questions

• What kind of sports are you into?   1 Answer
    • If it was down to you and 1 other person why should they pick you?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

After applying online, I didn't hear from them. So 2 weeks later, I walked into the store, asked for the manager, and got hired in 5 minutes. That's how most employees end up working there. Don't just apply online and wait to be called. I just had to wait a couple of days for the background check to come through.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem trying to get every customer to sign up for the League card?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

Contacted by phone. They asked a few personal questions over the phone. Went on to schedule an in person interview at the store. Everyone seemed very welcoming. Management is very flexible with what times you can meet them. The interview consisted of simple questions. What are your strengths and weaknesses? What sports are you most familiar with? What area in store would you feel most comfortable in? When I started, they tried me in every area and placed me where I was most successful and comfortable.