Sports Authority Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sports Authority Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

1.9

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

After applying online, I didn't hear from them. So 2 weeks later, I walked into the store, asked for the manager, and got hired in 5 minutes. That's how most employees end up working there. Don't just apply online and wait to be called. I just had to wait a couple of days for the background check to come through.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem trying to get every customer to sign up for the League card?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

Contacted by phone. They asked a few personal questions over the phone. Went on to schedule an in person interview at the store. Everyone seemed very welcoming. Management is very flexible with what times you can meet them. The interview consisted of simple questions. What are your strengths and weaknesses? What sports are you most familiar with? What area in store would you feel most comfortable in? When I started, they tried me in every area and placed me where I was most successful and comfortable.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sports Authority in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online on Tuesday. Received a call a week later to come in the next day. Manager was nice and laid back. Interview lasted about 15 minutes. She really liked my interview. She liked me so much that she said I'll do better on the floor as a sales associate in footwear. Said I'll be getting paid 8.50 or 9.00 an hour. She made it seem as if I already had the job. Told me I'll be receiving a call within the week to come back on either Friday or Saturday for my second interview. Friday comes, and still didn't get a call. I called, spoke to the manager that interviewed me to find out that the other manager already filled the position. Huge disappointment and shows lack of communication within management.

Anonymous Employee in Hialeah, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Hialeah, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

Manager was super friendly and laid back during interview, I was really nervous and shaky but she told me she'd give me a shot and I was hired right after interview was done.

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Bellingham, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

Super chill, met with the second in command then the head honcho and talked sports and what they required. They talked about my former customer service experiences and what communication skills i had. Basically, just wanted to see how personable i was.

Interview Questions

• How many sports are you familiar with?   1 Answer

Technical Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Littleton, CO).

Interview

I dressed up in a suit and tie, and prepared for an interview like normal. I was sent to the restroom/office area to meet an associate. I don't know what his job title was but he was dressed in shorts, and a black t-shirt. We sat down in rolling chairs, in some sort of utility room. He goes straight into explaining that they are hiring for the SNIAGRAB event. A wonderful, two week long winter clearance event!!! Exactly the opposite of what I wanted. He hadn't even looked at my application until I told him that I applied for the Tech position. He looked at my app, and confirmed that was the case. That's when we talked about my qualifications, which I had. But "the position had been filled." I said "Thanks," and he walked me out. It's basically an interview where as long as you show up, you're hired... Be prepared for the Bait and Switch.

Interview Questions

• "Do you have any questions."   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Burbank, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Very comfortable interview. i was only asked two questions that were not difficult whatsoever. As long as you show up on time, with the right attire and attitude, you got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Langhorne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Langhorne, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Relaxed but the manager that interviewed me was transferred before I even finished my first week, the interview itself was good the interviewer was nice and asked your typical interview questions

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for sports authority?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Ontario, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Literally applied Friday night, got the call Saturday morning, interviewed Tuesday, got the call 5 hours later to come in for orientation the following friday, and my first official day was on Thursday. The easiest interview of my life, as long as you show up on time and have some knowledge about sports youre hired

Interview Questions

• What did you do for your previous job?
      Why do you think you're fit for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Torrance, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I got a call the day before. The interview was very easy. The manager who interviewed me was super chill and laid back. Felt more like a conversation rather than an interview. For me most interviews are awkward or make me feel super awkward, but I was actually very comfortable. Told me I might get another call for a second interview or an orientation. Got a call for an orientation.