Sports Authority Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

1.9

Analyst Business Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Englewood, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Lengthy, uninformed. I felt like i was there to interview them. Long wait for a call back, 6 weeks. Turned down the job after this. Called several times and never heard back

Technical Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied through their website and got called in for an interview. I got called in fairly quickly after applying but after being applied, it took some time to actually start working.

Interview Questions

• What types of sports have you participated in the past?
      Have you worked in retail before?
      Do you have any experience with tech repair work? (ski, tennis stringing, or bicycle tune-up)
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Discussed the needs for the job itself, the briefly discussed my passions and future goals. The customer care position required a lot of 1:1 customer contact (on the phone) in resolving escalated issues from the stores. This was a fast paced position.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in the next 5 years?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stony Brook, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Stony Brook, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online then about one week later was called and asked to come into for a brief interview. During the interview the hiring manager asked what made me qualified for the position and how I could help out the store.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I met the manager at the store. Was told to go online to complete the application. I did that. Went back to the store a few days later for an interview with the manager. Began work within a week

Interview Questions

• Don't remember, several years ago   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

The process generally takes around three weeks. Nothing out of the ordinary. Interview takes 30 minutes to an hour and the questions are as expected. Provide examples on leadership, ability to change priorities, positive impact, accountability, etc. Usually two to three interviews, but if you ace it with the recruiter the next ones are easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in which you had to implement significant change to the work environment?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority in April 2015.

Interview

Very laid back. I spoke to two managers at the store. Was more of a friendly conversation than an interveiw. They do what to hear about your background in sports so make sure to talk about that during the interveiw. I also dressed up in a dress form my interveiw as well and brought them a copy of my resume even though I had already given them one with the online application. I filled out.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Daly City, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received email that it was submitted. Received another email that I will be called for a phone interview. Afterwards scheduled an interview in store. Didn't have interview with actual manager, but a different manager.

Interview Questions

• How much would you be able to cut away from your current pay rate?   Answer Question

Visual Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Englewood, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position and about 3 days later, I received a phone call asking to interview. I had my interview that week. It was very casual and laid back, the interviewer was focused on getting to know me as a person and my career background. Her manager came in and interviewed me as well. They made me feel very comfortable. I received an offer over the phone about a week a later.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Tempe, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call from one of the managers. I was asked to meet for a quick interview with her and then I met with the store manager for another 15 minutes or so, then I got a phone call later offering me the job.