Sports Authority Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sports Authority Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

1.9

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to work here? Have you ever worked with an angry customer and how did you resolve the issue? Why should I hire you? They never even asked me anything about sports.

Negotiation

Asked me how much Im expecting to get paid. I asked him what was the average salary for my position and he said 8.50 so I took it.

Product Allocator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Englewood, CO) in December 2014.

Interview

applied online through their website. Was then contacted by their recruiter. We set up a phone interview. After that I was called within 2 days to set up a one on one with 2 of the Allocation Managers. Interview process took about 2 hours. One went rather quickly, the other manager was had alot to say and made it more of a conversation than interview which was nice. from there it took about 2 weeks to receive an offer. Started one week after offer was given.

Interview Questions

• what are your hobbies? What experience do you have in the retail industry. What would your dream job be?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2014.

Interview

I received a call from the store manager to come in for the interview. It lasted much longer than expected but was very relaxed. He did not ask many specific questions in terms of experience, but rather talked to me like he wanted to get to know me and my personality. Sports authority interviews are about finding employees that will best get along with the other workers. Other questions were fairly basic, asking about your experience, how you get along with coworkers, how you speak to customers with specific issues, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you got into an argument with a coworker. How did you react?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Amherst, NH).

Interview

First, you have to apply online. The hiring manager reviews new applications every week or so, depending on if there is a need to fill positions, sometimes daily if there is a particularly urgent need. They look for applicants with prior customer service experience first, just because it generally means less training. They also take into consideration how many jobs the person has held over a certain period of time, since it can hint at a potential problem if there were many in a short period of time.

During the interview, the hiring manager (typically the operations manager) has a packet of questions corporate requires them to ask the applicants, and record/comment on the responses. This packet gets inserted into the individual's personnel file should they get hired. The questions consist of things such as general opinion questions as well as scenario questions. The scenario questions are what most managers focus on, because they show how an employee would act and handle themselves in certain situations. Basically, what it comes down to is if you have common sense and know how to politely and appropriately respond to irate or unruly customers, then you're golden.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you suspect a customer of stealing, but have no proof?   1 Answer

Warehouse Lead Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

The interviews were an enjoyable experience. The company is very good about being friendly to anyone looking to work there. For the Warehouse Lead position, two interviews were had: one with the store manager and one with the district manager. An offer was made in a timely manner. They asked good questions and were responsive to question I had for them and the company in general.

Interview Questions

• "Name one time where you exceeded your expectations in a previous job and were recognized accordingly."

There's no difference between exceeding and doing in my mind, and also, if the second part of the question never happened, I'd feel the need to lie about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Phone call

Costumr Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Denver, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

1 short interview 1 on 1, Was easy and comfortable the whole time. Was called in a week after I applied and was offered a job 2 days after the interview. All in all the whole process was quick and easy.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Norfolk, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a call about two weeks later for a interview. Interview took about 20 minutes. A week after the interview I got a call offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to handle an unsatisfied costumer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sports Authority (New Haven, CT) in October 2014.

Interview

Easy and short. Hiring manager just wanted to know what my hours could be to work and if I could get there on time. Thats it. he asked if i liked sports and said i had the job.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Denver, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

It was one on one with the hiring manager. Typical tell us how you drive for results, how do you motivate your employees? What can you bring to the position?

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you disagreed with your boss   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

One interview lasting about 15 minutes. This took place instore with the department manager i would work under. There were a few questions but nothing too wild. I was called in for the interview because i was able to provide a level of expertise that no one else in the store had.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond to solve a problem at a previous job.   Answer Question