Sports Authority Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sports Authority Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Dec 1, 2016

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Olympia, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online then was brought into the store for a in person interview, was really quick and was hired on the spot. My friend worked as a manager and gave me a refferal. PLus, they were going ut of business so they needed more help since employees were finding new jobs

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sports Authority

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

I went in. I gave a fantastic interview (probably a better one than most of the candidates they had all month), and I still didn't get the job, even though they had a ton of positions opened in many locations. And it was all because I'm entering my forties. These ageists wasted my time

Interview Questions

• What do you feel is most important when working with others?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sports Authority (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Pretty Straight Forward, Got Hired on the spot! Asked about experience and reviewed my resume. The store manager asked about myself, and loved how I used to play a sport during high school. She chose to ask me whether I wanted to work in a specific department. Like I said pretty straight forward!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Store manager asked about my experience and went over my resume to chose my department and my pay.

Anonymous Employee in Frankfort, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Frankfort, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Your love for sports and your experience in retail. How often you will be available and how would you handle customers in situations. How would you greet a customer, you have to be super nice and always smile at the customer. You need to be flexible in the departments. They want to make sure you will be friendly and always smiling. You need to be good at customer service.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

Very easy. I got a phone call a couple days after putting in an application. After the phone call I had an interview within like 2 days and I was offered a position. The interview went very smooth. It was like having a simple conversation with the manager with a couple questions here and there. Very easy if you have retail background.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

interview was very easy got a phone call came in the next day for an interview with 2 managers first was with the floor supervisor second was with the manager got a call a few hours later and got the job...EASY!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Cerritos, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

A total joke. Got called in for an interview, went well, was told by the manager they'd call me for a second interview. I waited for two weeks, and didn't hear from them. After a week I called and they said to call back the following week as the hiring manager wasn't in. So after another week I called. He said they weren't hiring at this time. Total waste of time, not at all professionally done.

Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Chula Vista, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

First you have the basic interview where a manager just gets to know you. Then there is a more formal interview after you pass the online test. The final interview is with the general manager. So overall it is a three-step process

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Miami, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview has to have been the most comfortable thing I've ever faced. It didn't really feel like an interview. It felt more like a few questions in between a regular conversation you would normally have. When I walked in, I was pretty nervous but the young lady at the register reassured that everything was going to be okay. Being in there already made me feel like I joined a big family. He asked me some questions and hired me right on the spot.

Interview Questions

• As an exercise, he handed me a stapler and said sell it to me to see my skills.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority in October 2015.

Interview

I put in my application on 10/16 i then called 10/17 and left my name with the manager. Called back on 10/20 Talked to the hiring manager, she said within the week she is making calls for interviews for holiday hiring. Called to check in on 10/27 talked to the hiring manager again she later called back to schedule an interview for 10/30, and on 11/6 was offered the positition.

Interview Questions

• What kind of sports are you into?   1 Answer
    • If it was down to you and 1 other person why should they pick you?   1 Answer