Sports Authority Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2017

1.7

89 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

Very laid back. Asked some easy questions about experiences that would be relevant to the job such as working as a team and stepping out of my comfort zone. Was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sports Authority

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

It went well. They were very friendly and made sure to contact me as quickly as possible. I had been given an interview and within one week was hired.

Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Olympia, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online then was brought into the store for a in person interview, was really quick and was hired on the spot. My friend worked as a manager and gave me a refferal. PLus, they were going ut of business so they needed more help since employees were finding new jobs

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

I went in. I gave a fantastic interview (probably a better one than most of the candidates they had all month), and I still didn't get the job, even though they had a ton of positions opened in many locations. And it was all because I'm entering my forties. These ageists wasted my time

Interview Questions

• What do you feel is most important when working with others?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sports Authority (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Pretty Straight Forward, Got Hired on the spot! Asked about experience and reviewed my resume. The store manager asked about myself, and loved how I used to play a sport during high school. She chose to ask me whether I wanted to work in a specific department. Like I said pretty straight forward!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Store manager asked about my experience and went over my resume to chose my department and my pay.

Anonymous Employee in Frankfort, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Frankfort, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Your love for sports and your experience in retail. How often you will be available and how would you handle customers in situations. How would you greet a customer, you have to be super nice and always smile at the customer. You need to be flexible in the departments. They want to make sure you will be friendly and always smiling. You need to be good at customer service.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

Very easy. I got a phone call a couple days after putting in an application. After the phone call I had an interview within like 2 days and I was offered a position. The interview went very smooth. It was like having a simple conversation with the manager with a couple questions here and there. Very easy if you have retail background.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

interview was very easy got a phone call came in the next day for an interview with 2 managers first was with the floor supervisor second was with the manager got a call a few hours later and got the job...EASY!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Cerritos, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

A total joke. Got called in for an interview, went well, was told by the manager they'd call me for a second interview. I waited for two weeks, and didn't hear from them. After a week I called and they said to call back the following week as the hiring manager wasn't in. So after another week I called. He said they weren't hiring at this time. Total waste of time, not at all professionally done.

Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Chula Vista, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

First you have the basic interview where a manager just gets to know you. Then there is a more formal interview after you pass the online test. The final interview is with the general manager. So overall it is a three-step process