Sports Authority Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 14, 2017

1.8

93 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Miami, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview has to have been the most comfortable thing I've ever faced. It didn't really feel like an interview. It felt more like a few questions in between a regular conversation you would normally have. When I walked in, I was pretty nervous but the young lady at the register reassured that everything was going to be okay. Being in there already made me feel like I joined a big family. He asked me some questions and hired me right on the spot.

Interview Questions

• As an exercise, he handed me a stapler and said sell it to me to see my skills.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sports Authority

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority in October 2015.

Interview

I put in my application on 10/16 i then called 10/17 and left my name with the manager. Called back on 10/20 Talked to the hiring manager, she said within the week she is making calls for interviews for holiday hiring. Called to check in on 10/27 talked to the hiring manager again she later called back to schedule an interview for 10/30, and on 11/6 was offered the positition.

Interview Questions

• What kind of sports are you into?   1 Answer
    • If it was down to you and 1 other person why should they pick you?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

Contacted by phone. They asked a few personal questions over the phone. Went on to schedule an in person interview at the store. Everyone seemed very welcoming. Management is very flexible with what times you can meet them. The interview consisted of simple questions. What are your strengths and weaknesses? What sports are you most familiar with? What area in store would you feel most comfortable in? When I started, they tried me in every area and placed me where I was most successful and comfortable.

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Bellingham, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

Super chill, met with the second in command then the head honcho and talked sports and what they required. They talked about my former customer service experiences and what communication skills i had. Basically, just wanted to see how personable i was.

Interview Questions

• How many sports are you familiar with?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Authority (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews. First was with a shift manager, the second was with the lead cashier, and the third was with the store manager. The last interview with the store manager was more informative and going over the job duties that I would be undertaking.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation in which a customer is angry with you and the product you are trying to sell them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Langhorne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Langhorne, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Relaxed but the manager that interviewed me was transferred before I even finished my first week, the interview itself was good the interviewer was nice and asked your typical interview questions

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for sports authority?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Ontario, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Literally applied Friday night, got the call Saturday morning, interviewed Tuesday, got the call 5 hours later to come in for orientation the following friday, and my first official day was on Thursday. The easiest interview of my life, as long as you show up on time and have some knowledge about sports youre hired

Interview Questions

• What did you do for your previous job?
      Why do you think you're fit for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

Called in for interview with sales manager. Met the Store manager and exchanged a few words. They had multiple interviews set up for that day. Called back to offer me a job.

Interview Questions

• How do you interact with someone looking for a specific item and you don't know where or what it is?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Woodland Hills, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Submitted my application and resume, and got called in by a manager to interview.The interview went great and the manager was very encouraging in making a career with sports authority. Very enthusiastic.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a disgruntled customer in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Goleta, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

So I had submitted my application through there website and I checked the next day at the store with one of the managers that I had submitted an application. Then I got a call like two or three days later and it was the store manager who asked when I would be available to come by the store for an interview. The interview itself was brief and easy. Dave the store manager was very awesome and really nice. Dave would ask me questions of past work experience and what type of person I am. Plus other simple questions that were fairly easy to answer.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest thing to do in your past job?   1 Answer