Sports Authority Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sports Authority Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

1.7

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

Contacted by phone. They asked a few personal questions over the phone. Went on to schedule an in person interview at the store. Everyone seemed very welcoming. Management is very flexible with what times you can meet them. The interview consisted of simple questions. What are your strengths and weaknesses? What sports are you most familiar with? What area in store would you feel most comfortable in? When I started, they tried me in every area and placed me where I was most successful and comfortable.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sports Authority

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Bellingham, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

Super chill, met with the second in command then the head honcho and talked sports and what they required. They talked about my former customer service experiences and what communication skills i had. Basically, just wanted to see how personable i was.

Interview Questions

• How many sports are you familiar with?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Langhorne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Langhorne, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Relaxed but the manager that interviewed me was transferred before I even finished my first week, the interview itself was good the interviewer was nice and asked your typical interview questions

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for sports authority?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Ontario, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Literally applied Friday night, got the call Saturday morning, interviewed Tuesday, got the call 5 hours later to come in for orientation the following friday, and my first official day was on Thursday. The easiest interview of my life, as long as you show up on time and have some knowledge about sports youre hired

Interview Questions

• What did you do for your previous job?
      Why do you think you're fit for this position?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

Called in for interview with sales manager. Met the Store manager and exchanged a few words. They had multiple interviews set up for that day. Called back to offer me a job.

Interview Questions

• How do you interact with someone looking for a specific item and you don't know where or what it is?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Woodland Hills, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Submitted my application and resume, and got called in by a manager to interview.The interview went great and the manager was very encouraging in making a career with sports authority. Very enthusiastic.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a disgruntled customer in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Goleta, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

So I had submitted my application through there website and I checked the next day at the store with one of the managers that I had submitted an application. Then I got a call like two or three days later and it was the store manager who asked when I would be available to come by the store for an interview. The interview itself was brief and easy. Dave the store manager was very awesome and really nice. Dave would ask me questions of past work experience and what type of person I am. Plus other simple questions that were fairly easy to answer.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest thing to do in your past job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Stony Brook, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Stony Brook, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online then about one week later was called and asked to come into for a brief interview. During the interview the hiring manager asked what made me qualified for the position and how I could help out the store.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority in April 2015.

Interview

Very laid back. I spoke to two managers at the store. Was more of a friendly conversation than an interveiw. They do what to hear about your background in sports so make sure to talk about that during the interveiw. I also dressed up in a dress form my interveiw as well and brought them a copy of my resume even though I had already given them one with the online application. I filled out.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

I filled out application online and within 2 weeks I was called in for the easiest interview of my life. Keep In mind I have had 5 jobs before. They only asked a few questions such as my prior work history and why would I be a good fit to the company. One week after that I was hired. Sports authority does hire felons! I have multiple felony convictions and I was still hired.