SportsEngine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at SportsEngine (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online through another website. They called me and told me they were interested in bringing me into interview. They understood I am a student in another city and was patient with scheduling an interview time. When they brought me in, they welcomed me and showed me around the main area of the buildings. They chatted with me casually before releasing me to the developers to ask more specific questions. They were casual and fun, and helped me release my stress and nerves. They called me that afternoon and told me the details of the internship. I accepted 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• In Bash, what commands would search a file for a specific word?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SportsEngine (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

The process was pretty relaxed. I came in to meet with a couple different people where they asked general questions about Javascript/css standards, and what experience I had. Then I was given a small coding challenge as a homework assignment to take home and send back within the week.

Interview Questions

• I didn't really have any real technical questions/coding challenges in my interview, it was more of a conceptual discussion around front end development.   Answer Question

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SportsEngine (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2014.

Interview

It was very quick. They ask about you and your goals, where you've been, your relationship with sports. They're very laid back, business casual dress, with more so casual. They are more than willing to train people too.

Interview Questions

• What is your ultimate career goal?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SportsEngine (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Applied online, called in for two rounds of interviews. They were great interviews and a common-sense process, since there was not any junk elements to it. Are you a great cultural fit, are you competent, do you truly want to work hard to drive the vision of the company?

Interview Questions

• How confident are you that you will be able to deliver on the responsibilities of this position?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SportsEngine (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Phone interview where we talking about my past experience, what I was looking for, etc.

In-person interview consisted of about 30 minutes of behavioral-style questions, followed by about 40 minutes with 2 developers, and then a brief chat with HR.

There was definitely more of a focus on behavioral questions than most dev positions.

The technical part was really actually pretty simple. They just asked me to review some code and describe how I would clean it up. There were no algorithms or deep technical wizardry involved.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SportsEngine (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online with for full-time with just a resume, later got a callback for a postgrad intern position.

The first part was a long behavioral interview that felt like an hour. Then an easy technical interview with no serious algorithms or system design questions, leading me to believe engineers here are Not Too Bright. I did not feel the interview objectively analyzed my skills, as they didn't even ask me about anything I did during my previous internship.

I heard back about 2 weeks later. I had an offer at the time from another company, so not getting the position was no biggie.

Interview Questions

• How would you count the number of times a word occurs in a file?   1 Answer
    • Find files with a name in a directory?   1 Answer
    • Write a SQL query to find the number of users living in a particular city for each city in a database.   Answer Question
    • Write a function to sum all the even numbers in a list.   1 Answer
    • Write a unit test for that function.   Answer Question
    • What are you doing to learn Ruby so you will be prepared for this job?   1 Answer
    • (This question is total BS, IMO) Tell us about a time when you had to be creative when solving a programming problem.   Answer Question
    • What was your specialization in computer science in college? (I'm a new grad).   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SportsEngine (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

Communication was hit and miss with their office and they didn't follow through as described. When we finally got the interview scheduled and I arrived, I waited 15 minutes for the VP to greet me, leaving 15-30 minutes for a potential interview for them to say, oh, I've only got 15 minutes and I can't reschedule.Questions were generic and broad and they never talked about the role or the company, so although I'd been very excited in the beginning, I left feeling this was the worst interview I'd ever had.

Service Desk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SportsEngine (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

Was met by a very friendly staff in a very laid back atmosphere. Proceeded to a fairly routine, mostly HR question, interview. Both of the people that interviewed me went out of there way to make feel relaxed and welcome. Unfortunately, I did not receive an offer, but I can tell that it would be a great place to work.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SportsEngine (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was a couple in-person interviews and one sales pitch over the phone. The first interview was with a couple managers in the office and the next was with the VP of HR. If you made it past those interviews there was an over the phone sales call.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know what drove me to be successful.   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SportsEngine (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2018.

Interview

I had a 30-minute phone interview with three people. The interview was a typical interview of questions like "Tell us about yourself" "What would be your superhero trait?". I had time to ask some questions and they were answered well. Two days later I received an offer phone call and started the job two weeks later.