SpotOn Android Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at SpotOn

1 Interview Review

Android Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at SpotOn (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

I pursued this position through a Recruiter. I'm very disappointed I took the time to pursue this position, it was one of the worst interviews I've had.

I spoke with two people (one technical, one non-technical) and there were three parts of the interview. Part one was a discussion of my background, which went well with the exception of one part where I was describing something I was most proud of at my last job. The technical person in the interview questioned the decisions that were made, saying they didn't make sense to the interviewer. This should have been my first clue this interview was going to be bad.

The second part was a lot of knowledge questions about Java and Android. I felt like the interviewer was out to get me, deliberately misunderstanding what I was saying, trying to trap me in my words, and generally demeaning me and making feel like a fool. There were several points at which I should have ended the interview and left. There were definitely several questions that I got wrong, but rather than saying I was incorrect the interviewer did everything they could to trap me in my words, making weird/shocked faces (like, "how could anyone say such a thing...").

The final part were supposed to be a few coding challenges. However, these did not pertain to Android and were general programming brain teasers. They were not prepared for this part of the interview. They offered me a choice of talking through the problems, writing out pseudo-code on paper, or using a laptop; but, it was obvious they did not have a computer immediately availalbe for me to use. By this point I had already decided that I was not going to take the position, so I just talked through the problems. This was alright, however, there were a couple of times the interviewers started discussing things that did not pertain to the interview while I was thinking about the problem. I found this very rude, it made me feel like I was just wasting their time.

Overall, I walked away from the interview with a bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

• Describe something that was difficult to overcome at your last position or something you are most proud of.   Answer Question

SpotOn Response

Dec 4, 2017 – HR

Thank you very much for your candid feedback regarding your experience in interviewing with SpotOn; we're sorry to hear that you felt you had a bad experience. We take all candidate feedback very... More