Spotify Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 11, 2017

2.6

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Spotify (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, was contacted by a recruiter, did a 1-hour phone screen with the hiring manager, then was invited on-site for a round of interviews. The recruiter was highly responsive, thoughtful, and demonstrated an invested interest in the role and me as as a candidate - he was the best recruiter I've ever worked with by far. Everyone I interviewed was awesome, smart, interesting, and clearly passionate about the company. Spotify does a great job brining in top talent and treating candidates with respect.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Spotify

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spotify (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

had a series of 3 phone calls spread across 3 weeks with another product manager. 1) was a brief call spoke about myself 2) we spoke about Spotify 3) I was given a homework assignment

Interview Questions

• my homework assignment was to come up with ways to increase engagement on social features of Spotify   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Spotify (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

3 stages, 1 HR, 1 Manager and 1 Managers manager.

The questions were all pretty light, Managers manager wanted to know whether I had experience that was specific to the particular aspect of the role. HR interview was the toughest of the set.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Spotify (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)).

Interview

After a few emails and then a Skype interview with HR in Stockholm, reviewing interview process, team culture and timeframe (expected 3 months for me, American, to be hired into the Stockholm HQ). After the initial screening had 2 more interviews via Skype with the hiring manager. She was very smart, passionate about the space. It seemed like great team and opportunity. Then I was passed to another/different HR dude, who informed me he would be in touch regarding next steps (which would have been the f2f in Stockholm). I got the distinct feeling I was being put on the back burner ... A few weeks later I was told that an offer had indeed been extended to and accepted by another candidate. While the 2nd HR dude expressed interest in me as a candidate for other positions, when I pinged him in the future, he never responded. Oh well.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected really, but be prepared to discuss the competitive landscape in-depth and lay out (i.e. give away for free) your vision for the growth of a feature set/product over time.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Spotify (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in April 2012.

Interview

Applied for a product manager position online. Since the office is located in Sweden, all interviews were done on Skype. The recruiter took 2 weeks of back and forth to set up a 10 minute conversation with me about my background. It took a few follow up emails to see if she was still interested in moving forward with me. She replied after the second email very enthusiastically saying she wanted me to speak with the hiring manager. That process took another few weeks of back and forth email. The time of the call was changed 3 times then finally confirmed. When I finally Skyped with the manager, he seemed less than enthusiastic and seemed unprepared regarding my background. I never got a call back. They took way too long and I eventually got an offer from another high profile company.

I think Spotify is a company with a lot of promise, but their recruiting process is a bit unorganized. Be prepared to be dragged along for weeks.

Interview Questions

• What are your experiences working with platforms and APIs?   Answer Question