Springer International Publishing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Springer International Publishing Interview Questions

2.4

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Springer International Publishing (Seattle, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

I got an email in two days about scheduling for an interview. There were two people interviewing me for 30 minutes. It is not a hard interview. Just need to prepare for answering questions about resume.

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Springer International Publishing (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I had a 25 minute phone interview, out of the blue, and then was asked to come in for the 2nd interview. I was given the choice of two days, with a week notice, when we could meet for the 2nd interview. After I had taken off work to meet with them, they emailed me to let me know that they couldn't hire anybody. Big waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Q: What technical training have you had that would make you a unique candidate?   Answer Question

Editor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Springer International Publishing.

Interview

Met with HR department and hiring manager. Both were knowledgeable and open to answering all of my questions. They seemed honest about the position, offered a competitive salary, and asked pertinent and fair questions.

Account Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Easy. Had three interviews. The first was a basis assessment over the phone with the recruiter. Second was with the Licensing Manager. For the third interview, I had to do a 10 minute presentation to the sales team (about 10 people in the room) and answer their questions.

Interview Questions

• What books are you reading now? What's your sales style?   Answer Question

Digital Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Springer International Publishing.

Interview

The process included eight interviews over a period of almost a year. It was lengthy and wasteful. Each interview presented another "Senior" level who had input on the position. The final interview consisted of interviewing candidates that would report into the position.

Licensing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Springer International Publishing (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Completely dysfunctional and uncomfortable.

The whole vibe was weird.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Springer International Publishing (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview followed by in-person and teleconference interview. This is a global company and people from around the world need to be able to interview the candidates.

Interview Questions

• "How would you build a marketing plan?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Head Hunter negotiated.

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Springer International Publishing (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

I was referred for the position by someone in the HR department and was scheduled for an interview shortly after applying for the position. Springer has a very friendly and casual environment for an educational publisher. First I had a phone interview and a week later I went in and spoke with the HR representative about my work and educational experience and then I interviewed with the positions supervisor. He gave a great summary of the position and what he was looking to do with the department and introduced me to a few other members on staff. Overall it was a very simple and comprehensive interview process.

Interview Questions

Position wasnt what I was looking for and I got a better offer elsewhere.

Mathematics Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Springer International Publishing (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

I had my first interview with a hiring manager over the telephone; she wanted to make sure that I understood what the position would be asking of me, and that I was still interested, before scheduling a second telephone interview for me with the director of the mathematics division in New York. I spoke with him about a week later, when he gave more detail about the position and the company, and asked me for a bit of elaboration on my own background and for my availability for an in-person interview in New York (I am not local to the greater NYC area).

Unfortunately, two weeks after that, I was told that someone else had accepted the position--but it seemed like a productive and serious environment to work in, and I would have loved to have been offered something there!

Interview Questions

• Describe a leadership role you have held. Would you be comfortable managing people with undergraduate degrees?   Answer Question

Senior Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Springer International Publishing (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Meeting with several current sales executives as well as the sales management and leadership team following an online application and pre-screening with a human resources team member. Meetings in the New York based office with a number of individuals currently employed with the company.