Springer International Publishing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Springer International Publishing Interview Questions

Interviews at Springer International Publishing

2.4

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Springer International Publishing.

Interview

Easy. Had three interviews. The first was a basis assessment over the phone with the recruiter. Second was with the Licensing Manager. For the third interview, I had to do a 10 minute presentation to the sales team (about 10 people in the room) and answer their questions.

Interview Questions

• What books are you reading now? What's your sales style?   Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Springer International Publishing (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

I was referred for the position by someone in the HR department and was scheduled for an interview shortly after applying for the position. Springer has a very friendly and casual environment for an educational publisher. First I had a phone interview and a week later I went in and spoke with the HR representative about my work and educational experience and then I interviewed with the positions supervisor. He gave a great summary of the position and what he was looking to do with the department and introduced me to a few other members on staff. Overall it was a very simple and comprehensive interview process.

Interview Questions

Position wasnt what I was looking for and I got a better offer elsewhere.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Springer International Publishing (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview followed by in-person and teleconference interview. This is a global company and people from around the world need to be able to interview the candidates.

Interview Questions

• "How would you build a marketing plan?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Head Hunter negotiated.

Senior Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Springer International Publishing (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Meeting with several current sales executives as well as the sales management and leadership team following an online application and pre-screening with a human resources team member. Meetings in the New York based office with a number of individuals currently employed with the company.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Springer International Publishing (Seattle, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

I got an email in two days about scheduling for an interview. There were two people interviewing me for 30 minutes. It is not a hard interview. Just need to prepare for answering questions about resume.

Editor Interview

Application

Interview

Met with HR department and hiring manager. Both were knowledgeable and open to answering all of my questions. They seemed honest about the position, offered a competitive salary, and asked pertinent and fair questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Springer International Publishing (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Spoke with Assistant Manager on the phone for one hour, mostly about what I studied in college and outlined the requirements for the position. The conversation was very nice and the interviewer, who would be my supervisor, was very casual. It seemed as if I already had the job and she just wanted to chat about my life.

Interview Questions

• If I had any experience with Microsoft Office   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Springer International Publishing (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I had a 25 minute phone interview, out of the blue, and then was asked to come in for the 2nd interview. I was given the choice of two days, with a week notice, when we could meet for the 2nd interview. After I had taken off work to meet with them, they emailed me to let me know that they couldn't hire anybody. Big waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Q: What technical training have you had that would make you a unique candidate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Springer International Publishing (New York, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

I received a phone call soon after applying for the position online. The environment in the office seemed nice when I arrived, and I was lead into a small office for a one on one interview. I was a little nervous, but the interview felt awkward and as if the interviewer wanted to make me uncomfortable, which is what happened. I was not offered the job even though I was told they'd be in touch with me and liked me and there was lots of opportunities at the time. I sent a thank you note, an email and made a follow-up call but none were ever returned.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Springer International Publishing (New York, NY) in July 2008.

Interview

The initial call-back was an hourish-long conversation, just about what I'd been doing in college, clubs, what I was doing post-college. It was with a generic HR person but she was easy enough to talk to. The actual interview was with the editor I would be reporting to. The process was simple enough, questions about my background, lots to gush about regarding the position. As long as you show that you're mildly intelligent and engaged, it's an easy process. EA turnover is fairly high.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall any one snag of a question. Fairly straightforward cookie-cutter interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate... I went 15% higher, was met at 10% which is still pennies-- EAs at Springer don't get paid much.