Springleaf Finance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Springleaf Finance Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.5

Management Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Springleaf Finance.

Interview

Had 3 interviews. One phone, one with manager of branch I applied to but in another office 45 minutes away, then a third interview with district manager another 45 minutes away. Was called the next day by DM and was told they'd call me the following day. The following day, I get an email saying we regret to inform you blah blah. Next day, the same job position at the same branch is reposted online! Ridiculous.

Digital Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Springleaf Finance.

Interview

30 minutes for basic questions and the interviewer is quite nice. He answered my questions in detail. And it's quite enjoyable. But who knows the result. Ask me several basic questions about the area that I applied and go through my resume ask some questions about myself.

Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Springleaf Finance (Canton, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

The whole process took about 2 weeks. A few days after I applied I received an email asking me to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was really easy. It was mostly just 30 minutes of asking me to describe myself, my background, education and work experience. I then interviewed with the branch manger of the location I had applied to. This interview was more challenging although not too difficult. The interview lasted about an hour and 40 minutes and consisted of behavioral based questions. Two days later I interviewed with the district manger. This interview only lasted about 20 minutes but was really just a chance for him to talk about salary and benefits, how the bonuses work, and ask any questions he felt were unanswered.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you felt proud of something you had worked on.

Tell me about a time when you and a manger disagreed on something and what was the end result?

Have you ever had a coworker that you didn't get along with and how did you handle it?
      Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Springleaf Finance.

Interview

Phone interview, basic questions. Lasted about 30 minutes. Recruiter was very nice and answered all my questions. Base pay plus commission. Great hours. Very excited to work for this company

Personal Loan Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Springleaf Finance (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

2 step interview process. First step is with the Branch manager second is with the district manager. BM will read questions off of a script asking about previous experiences and some role scenarios. DM didn't ask a whole lot regarding experience, just talked and he feels you out. Sound confident and sell yourself and it will not be tough to get hired.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you went above and beyond for the customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

They will negotiate salary, always ask for a higher salary as long as it's within reason, the worst they will say is no. I was able to negotiate 2,500 more into my salary through this

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Springleaf Finance in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty generic. I had an interview with the Branch Manager and than another with the District Manager. Two separate interviews in a span of a week, both with sales questions and CSR questions. I wore a suit to both interviews and treated it very formally; had good eye contact and posture throughout the whole process. Overall it was a smooth process, and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• "Why should we hire you?"
      "What skills have you learned from your current job? How can you apply those skills here?"
      "Tell me about a time you dealt with a compliment and how you rectified it."
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rome, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Springleaf Finance (Rome, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was very quick yet efficient process. While I was there I not only spoke with the branch manager but the district manager as well. They really described the position and the expectations of the company well. I left with a clear understanding of the position, how it related to me current experience and skills, as well as an excitement for the position. Not a waste of time. Great experience!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was pleasant

Sales Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Springleaf Finance (Myrtle Beach, SC) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview within 2 days and a 1 on 1 interview with the branch manager 2 days later. Interviewed with the district manager 1 week later. Very good communication from corporate and seems to be a very well run company. Many employees have a long tenure. I'm excited to start my new career

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Springleaf Finance.

Interview

S.T.A.R. Interview Questions - Behavioral Questions. Relaxed atmosphere. Follow-up was expected but as of yet I have not heard back from manager. Questions included: Describe a customer service experience. Tell me about your last job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a customer service experience. Tell me about your last job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Springleaf Finance (Modesto, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interviewer phoned as scheduled throught the online appointment booking system . The interviewer asked a few questions, and basicly descriibed the job position. Next i was asked a couple of situational questions reqarding sales, both expectations and examples of competitive sales environments. We then discussed my resume and was asked if i had ever been termi ated to which i answered no. I was told the answers were recorded, would i submit to a credit and background check as co dition of employment and let known that she would forward my answers resume and availability for a face to face i terview should the branch manager wish to move forward. Fingers crossed.

Interview Questions

• Have i worked for them before   1 Answer