Springleaf Finance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Springleaf Finance Interview Questions

2.5

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Springleaf Finance.

Interview

Two phone interviews mainly covering what I had done in the past. No technical questions. Final was an in-person interview at their headquarters in Evensville Indiana. That was about describing the job and meeting the managers.

I had two other offers. SpringLeaf made a good one but the other was closer to my home.

Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Springleaf Finance (Irving, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

The process was quick. It only took two weeks to hear back from the hiring manager to offer you the position. The background process took some time but they did get a hold of you if they need any additional information in a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with an irate customer. How did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not give me an opportunity to discuss any pay negotiation. They paid the base pay.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Springleaf Finance (Charlotte, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

Rigorous Multi interview with round selection. Students were selected from a group of Resumes. These students were brought together, Placed on teams and asked to do an assignment. A few students were asked back to the next interview where a few questions were asked informally. The student was then selected from that group to do the internship.

Interview Questions

• What is good leadership defined as?   1 Answer

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Springleaf Finance (Evansville, IN) in April 2016.

Interview

The job description was not very detailed and I did not realize I didn't have the experience Springleaf wanted. But the interviewer was patient and helpful, he even emailed me so job hunting resources. I appreciated the time he spent with me even though I wasn't going to be hired.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Springleaf Finance in March 2014.

Interview

I went to my campus career fair where I talked to the district manager. One month later I got a call to come in and interview. It was a very casual interview and mostly conversational. Most of the interview he was trying to get a gauge for what my personality was like.

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Springleaf Finance (Baton Rouge, LA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was informal. It took about 15 minutes and it ended up with us talking about what we like to do with our spare time. He didn't drill me about my resume or even ask me anything finance related. He asked all about my work ethic and how I would deal with certain situations. He never was intense or made me feel nervous in any way. There was no intimidation factor like in some of the other interviews I have been to.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Springleaf Finance (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was not abnormal. After filling out an online application, I received a phone call from an employee at a branch office. During the phone call, the details of the internship were shared and an in-person interview was scheduled. The interview went very well and felt fair. Overall, the entire process was very fair and professional.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time when you succeeded as part of a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Springleaf Finance (Evansville, IN) in April 2012.

Interview

It turned out to be 4 interviews in one. I met with people back to back and had to repeat myself each time. It was stressful because I didn't know who these people were and why they wanted to meet me when I wouldn't be working with them. It went well; it was just more than what I expected and was a little overwhelming.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Springleaf Finance (Marietta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

Very quick interview process but I could sense a lack of interview experience. I noticed this lackness when the lady first opened her mouth. Once being hired on, the training process was quick and none of the videos ever helped me get accustomed with the GUI interface they use.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Springleaf Finance (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Submitted my application online, got a callback and interview next day. It was very easy. I went through the interview and afterward they gave me the job write on the spot. They were desperate.