Springleaf Finance Financial Representative (Branch Manager Trainee) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Springleaf Finance (Memphis, TN) in November 2015.

Interview

I Applied online the next day I received a call from the Branch Mgr. in Southhaven MS, asking if I could come in for an interview the following day. I went and had an interview with her about 45minutes we went over my resume and it was more conversational very laid back and she was really nice, at the end she asked if I could come back in the next day to meet with her district mgr I said yes. I met with this guy and he went over my resume asked a lot about my sales experiences and told me background of the company history and then he went on a rant for 2hours about him and relocating with the company and about his wife hating her job and their children. He talked about all the endless opportunity with Springleaf and how much he loves coming to work to get away from his wife etc. Afterwards he said I would hear something in a couple days via a phone call from the recruiting staff. I never heard back. Wasted way to much of my time.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable going out a couple times a week to get business from the local community and establish relationships with the banks and surrounding businesses?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Springleaf Finance

Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Springleaf Finance (Longmont, CO) in June 2012.

Interview

The process was actually really easy. First you meet with the branch manager. Then, if they like you, you meet with the district manager and they are usually very quick at hiring. You apply online, then the branch manager (or the branch manager of another office) will call you. If you seem like a fit, you do the in-person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions, nothing too out of the box. When I was interviewed, they asked me to sell a pen to them. It's a sales job but it isn't your typical commission type sales.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Springleaf Finance (Seattle, WA) in February 2011.

Interview

Questions from a sheet, and personal questions

Negotiation

Let them know what I expect and vise versa

Financial Representative (Branch Manager Trainee) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Springleaf Finance in January 2011.

Interview

Applied online. Within a day an HR rep had emailed me to call them to set up a phone interview. Phone interview lasts approx 30 minutes. Easy, reasonable questions. At the conclusion of our conversation I was told someone would be contacting me within a week- and if not, to contact them.

A day later I was called to set up a 1:1 Interview with the Branch Manager. Interview lasted over an hour. BM simply scrolls through pages of interview questions-- mostly situational- pretty standard. Very similar questions- a little too repetetive. Considering it was the BM interviewing me I thought it was slightly unprofessional, and a poorly conducted interview. (Hardly looked me in the eye, and was not very engaging)

Culture: There were 4 people in the office including the BM and the secretary. Seemed laid back, but not a very pleasant atmosphere. Two other employees were calling on past due accounts-- collections seems to be a large part of this job. Based on my limited observations of the two employees (finance reps) they were good, assertive salemen- type A personality.

Rec'd rejection email the following day.

Financial Representative (Branch Manager Trainee) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Springleaf Finance in January 2011.

Interview

The first interview went very well. The questions were very straightforward. I was interviewed by the new branch manager and he made the situation comfortable. It was really like having a conversation aobut your skills and education.

Financial Representative (Branch Manager Trainee) Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Springleaf Finance in February 2009.

Interview

It was a standard first interview with the Branch Manager, a second interview with the District Manager, then an offer meeting with the District Manager. Interview questions were pretty standard. I spoke about my qualifications, education, applicable college classes, and why I wanted to work for the company. The questions were not very difficult during the first interview and it was fairly conversational. The second interview had some more stress but was largely the same as the first.

Interview Questions

• How would you fit into a lending role with a degree in your field?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did research to find out what the job should pay. The company came in a little lower but the offered what I wanted.

Financial Representative (Branch Manager Trainee) Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Springleaf Finance in May 2008.

Interview

First you get a phone interview--typically done with a branch manager trainee or could be the branch manager him/herself. Then, they may contact your current employer or a former employer and/or reference to get a better background on the applicant. After the phone interview, you get called in for a one-on-one interview. Mine was done with the branch manager and the asst. branch manager. Interview was pretty light--outlined most of the questions commonly heard in interviews, nothing too extensive. Asked if you have sales experience, because that is a plus.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any sales experience or experience handling cash drawer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A