Sprint Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 30, 2017

2.9

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (New York, NY).

Interview

After applying you have to take an assessment. Following the assessment. I had two interviews one with the store manager & then a second interview with both the store manager and District manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you transition your current skills to this position? ( lots of behavioral & situational questions)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sprint

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sprint (Kansas City, KS) in April 2017.

Interview

The process was straightforward. Got a call within a week of applying to schedule an interview. Initial interview with the store manager, they called back in a few days to schedule a second interview with the store manager and the district manager. They were very good at keeping me up to date with my application status. Start to finish with all interviews, background screening and drug test it took about 2 1/2 weeks to get me in store.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an employee who wasn't meeting standards? How did you respond?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sprint (New York, NY).

Interview

one phone, 2 face to face including a panel interview. pretty average interview stuff, the panel is a little intimidating but it is not to hard. they are not clear in salary expectations until after an offer is made.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sprint (Columbus, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was emailed by a Sprint recruiter(via Monster) to interview for an ASM a new location. When arriving to the interview, I answered the questions thinking that they were for the management position. I was then told that they will not be hiring for that position, that it would be an internal hire from sales associates.

Seems they had their wires crossed about what positions they were actually hiring for.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary expectations?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sprint (Denver, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

2 interviews, first one with two store managers(the one i was going for and one from another store in the district). Second interview with the district manager of northern colorado and the district manager of southern colorado.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (Columbus, OH).

Interview

The positions are posted and applied for online then a time would be assigned for those who applied. There were a panel of managers looking to fill position firing questions pertaining to rep level situations and how one should handle them, store numbers and how one would achieve them, and personal sales numbers. There would be interviews scheduled back to back within the same day for all individuals applying for the position. A decision was made within a week or two.

Interview Questions

• When is the best time to coach an employee?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sprint in April 2015.

Interview

There is three interviews. The first one is easy and not very traditional. The second is a little more intense but overall fair with no surprises. The last one is pretty much the second one but with a different manager.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions
      Why do you want to work here?
      Why should we hire you?
      Describe a time where you had to confront a coworker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martinsburg, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sprint (Martinsburg, WV) in March 2015.

Interview

I was supposed to interview with the store manager, but ended up being interviewed by one of the other assistant managers. It was very straightforward, not very difficult. Unfortunately, my interviewer didn't seem to know what he was doing or what questions he should ask. I'd been prepared to answer a variety of intensive screening questions, but the assistant manager with whom I interviewed mostly wanted to chat and small-talk, leaving it up to me to direct the course of the interview. He didn't take notes, asked only basic questions about my background, and gave me the impression that his feedback to the store manager was minimal. I ended up not receiving a job offer, which I believe is the direct result of having an interviewer that had no experience in interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your retail management background.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sprint (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was promoted from within however the process is still the same if external. Once you apply to the posting you will get a call from the Store Manager (email if you are internal). They will speak with you about a time to come in an complete a F2F interview. Once you get there, you will have the District Manager there and also another Assistant Manager if applicable. They will talk to you about the normal things (why you want to work for Sprint, why do you want this position, strengths, weaknesses, information about the company, and experience). What is REALLY important if you are going in for a management position is to have available a 30-60-90. What this means is they will want to know your plans to improve the location on a 30 day, 60 day, and 90 day basis. You will need to essentially create a presentation on PowerPoint or in type up your plans to improve the store, the employee relations, and assert yourself as the "new sheriff in town." Sprint right now is all about business penetration so if you want to impress the management, find local business in the vicinity of the store you want to work at and find out if they have offer discounts off their service through Sprint. In addition, Sprint is all about coaching employees and training them on the right path. This means that they want you to watch them like a hawk. I don't agree with this per se but that is what they want so you have to show them you are a fearless and determined leader. After that interview, they may ask you to come back for another interview with just the store manager. If not, they will call you and inform you of their decision. The store manager makes the decision, the DM is just there to watch for the things and listen for phrases that the manager may have missed. It does not take long at all to make a decision. I interviewed on Friday and got a call from the manager the Sunday afternoon. Just be confident but be about the business of selling phones.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I was asked was not difficult. They wanted to know if I was to get the position, how I would handle the additional responsibilities of overseeing 20+ employees, handing irate customers, and still doing all the back office work.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You can negotiate however a little for management positions but I wouldn't recommend it. If you push your store hard enough, you will make what you need and more in commission. The base pay is not what you should be focusing on. I didn't negotiate because I already knew what the highest salary for ASM's was and I was granted that.

Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (Centennial, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

There are 2 face to face interviews, typically involving the current Store Manager and District Manager. You need to come prepared with what is called a Business Plan. There aren't any real guidelines for what this is, but internal employees can give you theirs as an example. Outside applicants weren't required to complete this since there was literally no official example of what they wanted.

Interview Questions

• How would I feel being the only female in the store; would I be able to "handle" myself?   Answer Question
    • How do you coach someone on a bad behaivor that tends to "throw a fit" after receiving negative feedback?   Answer Question
    • At what stage in the sales process should you coach a rep?   Answer Question
    • At what point do you think someone needs to be put on corrective action for missing their targeted goals?   Answer Question
    • How coachable would you consider yourself to be?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. They have enough people applying, or are prepared to not fill the spot until someone else does. You take what they offer, or you turn down the job.