Sprint Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 30, 2017

2.9

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sprint (Kansas City, KS) in April 2017.

Interview

The process was straightforward. Got a call within a week of applying to schedule an interview. Initial interview with the store manager, they called back in a few days to schedule a second interview with the store manager and the district manager. They were very good at keeping me up to date with my application status. Start to finish with all interviews, background screening and drug test it took about 2 1/2 weeks to get me in store.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an employee who wasn't meeting standards? How did you respond?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sprint

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (New York, NY).

Interview

After applying you have to take an assessment. Following the assessment. I had two interviews one with the store manager & then a second interview with both the store manager and District manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you transition your current skills to this position? ( lots of behavioral & situational questions)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sprint (San Diego, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Had panel interview with DM and two other store managers. Took about and hour, the questions they asked was a mix of your own sales capabilities as well as scenario based questions regarding managing sales team.

Interview Questions

• It's 7pm, the sales numbers are all at 0 with about an hour left of business, what do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sprint (New York, NY).

Interview

one phone, 2 face to face including a panel interview. pretty average interview stuff, the panel is a little intimidating but it is not to hard. they are not clear in salary expectations until after an offer is made.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sprint (Columbus, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was emailed by a Sprint recruiter(via Monster) to interview for an ASM a new location. When arriving to the interview, I answered the questions thinking that they were for the management position. I was then told that they will not be hiring for that position, that it would be an internal hire from sales associates.

Seems they had their wires crossed about what positions they were actually hiring for.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary expectations?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sprint (Denver, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

2 interviews, first one with two store managers(the one i was going for and one from another store in the district). Second interview with the district manager of northern colorado and the district manager of southern colorado.

Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (Centennial, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

There are 2 face to face interviews, typically involving the current Store Manager and District Manager. You need to come prepared with what is called a Business Plan. There aren't any real guidelines for what this is, but internal employees can give you theirs as an example. Outside applicants weren't required to complete this since there was literally no official example of what they wanted.

Interview Questions

• How would I feel being the only female in the store; would I be able to "handle" myself?   Answer Question
    • How do you coach someone on a bad behaivor that tends to "throw a fit" after receiving negative feedback?   Answer Question
    • At what stage in the sales process should you coach a rep?   Answer Question
    • At what point do you think someone needs to be put on corrective action for missing their targeted goals?   Answer Question
    • How coachable would you consider yourself to be?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. They have enough people applying, or are prepared to not fill the spot until someone else does. You take what they offer, or you turn down the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (Durham, NC) in January 2011.

Interview

Relatively like any interview, you are asked a series of questions and you have to answer them.
    You do have to prepare yourself of course. Bring your resume even though you've submitted it already and other supporting document that you think that will help you.

Interview Questions

• What will you bring to your new role if selected?
      What is a challenge that has been difficult to yoy, and how are you working to fix it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sprint (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

very brief straight to the point store manager asked how can I get sales team to hit monthly goals. asked how was my overall experience in sales and what can I bring to his team

Interview Questions

• what are my strong points in sales   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (Lake Charles, LA) in January 2011.

Interview

You take a test to determine if you qualify for the job. If you can pass this test, then you move on to a interview. Which is usually about two to three members of management, asking questions like what makes you qualified for this job, are you able to work weekend, holidays, They will list or read a situation and see how you would handle it. They tell you about the benefits and job title and ask you if you have any questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work weekends/holidays?   1 Answer