Sprint Federal Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Federal Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (Reston, VA) in May 2012.

Interview

Do not be surprised if you do get an interview. AND...they conduct a lot of interviews in panels. Often asking for someone to come back and present a business plan. So here is how it works: First you will be "vetted". Have you worked at either Sprint or Nextel before and are you re-hirable. Then you will have a series of interviews. They may act like they are coaching you for the next interview. Don't buy it. Stay with your gut and ask the questions you want to ask. Also, if you are in sales, be prepared to put together a business plan and present it. Now with this said, Ask all the questions you would need the answers to complete both of these tasks. You will not get a second chance once you are invited to present - and heck, if you didn't ask all the questions you needed to ask.......well, you won't make the sale.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me 10 great things that describe you. Also, 10 more things that describe your personality and also 10 things related to business that people who know you would say..."   1 Answer

The job seemed limited. Also during several of the interviews it was often "explained" to me that they did know someone else that they really liked and were considering promoting. However due to the company guidelines they had to post the job and conduct interviews. I later found out the person they were speaking about was their friend. Very, very political. And frankly, if you don't smile and go along with local management - while praising the management.....yeah, well, you won't go anywhere inside the company no matter how many sales records you break.
So don't expect to be able to work here if you are indeed a person who thinks outside of the box. There is def a script here for you to follow. Sigh.
So in the end, I said, "No thank you." Good experience to go through the process though.