Sprint Account Executive, Business Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 8, 2017

2.6

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I filled out the application online and then answer some personality questions. I had a 44 minute conversation with the local sales manager. I then had an in person interview with the sales manager and the regional director. Basic interview stuff. Then did a ride-along with the sale manager for knocked on some doors. After that I was told we would be setting up a 10 minute phone interview with the regional VP. A few days went by and I didn't hear anything. I emailed and asked if we were still setting up a phone interview. The sales manager assured me that we would. A few more days go by and nothing. E-mails and phone calls go unreturned for the next 10 days until I am finally told they hired someone else. Very frustrating to be told that we were continuing the hiring process in two separate occasions to the be blown off.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sprint

Business Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sprint.

Interview

Typical interview. Starts with a phone interview that explains job and pay range. Then in person interview. Probably 25 preset questions. Then there's a over the phone role play. Then it's a background check and an offer

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sprint (Norcross, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

very basic nothing difficult to overcome the questions are based off common sense. If you have customer service experience then there will be no problem for you. The managers are very straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you dealt with an Irate customer ? What was the outcome   1 Answer

Business Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sprint in May 2015.

Interview

Was only given thirty minutes, manager seemed rushed and very stressed. I am very qualified for job, but older. During interview, age was mentioned and I was asked if I could "learn" technology. I have a background in telecommunications and worked for both ATT and Verizon, and I am experienced in outside sales. Told at end, i'd get a call that afternoon, and he would "work" out me coming in on available day. This was the first time I've ever experienced ageism, so it took me off guard. Perhaps I am reading too much into this. After all, that's illegal.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a day in outside sales. what did you like, what did you not like?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager. - Following is a onsite interview and then a panel interview with the sales team.. Take time in preparing for the panel interview. If you pass required interviews, background check will take place.
    Prepare for basic questions, why sprint, your success, most difficult sale, how you prospect. The interview process is very stressful, much like the job. Take your time prepare and you will get through it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Base salary is not negotiable, pay is heavily emphasized on commision

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sprint (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied on the Sprint Website and received a call back from the sales manager 2 weeks later. Set up an on sight interview at a local office with the sales manager. Interview went well and a follow up interview was scheduled for the following week. Had to prepare a 90 day sales plan for the 2nd interview which was no big deal, this interview also went well. A third interview was scheduled the following day with the Sales director. After the 3rd interview I was told i would be going into the next stage which was the background check. Securing the job was contingent on passing the background check with A-Check America. The background check took about 2 weeks. I was sent an offer letter

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Just make sure everything on resume and application is entered as honest as possible. Any errors can delay or disqualify you from having your application accepted for employment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation but the salary was pretty decent for my first job out of college.

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (Hartford, CT).

Interview

Applied on line then had two in-person interviews. The hardest part of the process was the on-line application. The interview was pretty laid back.

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (Waukesha, WI) in January 2014.

Interview

Informal and very long. Many questions about my sales background, education, personal interests, etc. Nothing exciting. All of it was very typical. I had to interview with a lot of managers on the phone and in person. I also had to answer some strange questions about selling to CEO's of major companies. I thought this part was not necessary since you NEVER sell to big organizations. I also was told how great the company is.... not true. I had, maybe, one to two companies like Sprint and I spoke to hundreds of people a week while there. The company is dying and their service is o.k. but there are a lot of areas that they just don't cover.

Also, was told the Manager was there for you... not true either.

Interview Questions

• What makes you good at sales?
      Why do you want to work here.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (Irving, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Initial interview was with sales manager and met with one of her colleagues. Second interview was with the Director. Interview with sales manager was simple, talked about resume and experience. Interview with Director was a little tougher, had to persuade on how you can do the job.

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate, but they wouldn't negotiate on the base pay

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

first step was an initial one on one with manager. It was a laid back conversation about previous experience, what I know about Sprint, and a few questions. Second step was a business plan in a panel interview with 3 managers. They let you present and ask challenging questions. Last step is meeting with Director.

Interview Questions

• How did you sell solutions in your previous role?   1 Answer