Sprint Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sprint Project Manager Interview Questions

3.2

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sprint.

Interview

This goes back many years. They still advertised the job in the paper. My background was a match for the position. I applied and heard back quickly. I intreviewed with the hiring manager twice and then got the offer. This approach might vary somewhat depending on the department.

Interview Questions

• I really do not recall, it was to long ago. The company uses behaviorial interviewing questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I picked up enough of a raise that I was easy.

Other Interview Reviews for Sprint

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sprint (Overland Park, KS) in April 2014.

Interview

In person. I emailed the hiring manager inquiring about the position and expressed my interest. She set up a time to talk about the position before the interview process to make sure I was interested.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a hard decision that wasn't popular with your peers   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sprint (Greenwood Village, CO).

Interview

Behavioral interview questions - be prepared with multiple examples. Some room for salary negotation for specific job functions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you did not get along well with a direct supervisor or manager and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

At the time I accepted the offer, I did not negotiate. I have since negotiated within promotion offers, experience helped with that.

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (Overland Park, KS) in September 2012.

Interview

Hire manager asked good probing questions to ascertain candidate qualifications. The manager gave a good overview of the position and organization. I was then able to give a presentation of my professional background tying in to the job requirements and emphasized on the related issues.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sprint in May 2012.

Interview

Over the phone interview, asked questions related to my experience, why do I feel I was an asset for this role. Then one on one interview, Behavioral questions and technical questions, then I was asked to draw a network diagram/sample, this was to justify my experience.

Interview Questions

• How did you manage conflict with a customer?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sprint in March 2011.

Interview

- It starts with the Manager getting budget approval to hire contractors and/or FTEs.
    - HR will post jobs on websites and fwd applications to hiring manager.
    - Manager selects people to interview
    - Manager may also bring in people he knows personally to interview
    - Manager screens candidates by phone. If acceptable, they are brought in for interview
    - interviews done in person during half a day
    - 2 to 4 team members will also interview candidate, 30 minutes each
    - team members will usually ask the tough questions to make sure candidate is technically knowledgeable
    - after candidate is gone, team members discuss impressions
    - if candidate is chosen, HR is notified and starts hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone you are expecting work from is not answering your emails?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Manager gets a narrow salary range from HR and makes offer to candidate.
    Candidate can ask for more.
    Manager will take that back into consideration.