Sprint Retail Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sprint Retail Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Sprint

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sprint (Columbus, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Started job 3 days after applying. No experience in the industry. Filled out applications online and received a followup email rather quickly. Came to a store location for an interview where I explained my previous sales experience and what I could bring to the team.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sprint

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sprint.

Interview

I was called by the store manager for my first interview. I showed up in a full suit and tie, the manager had already printed my resume I sent in. I made sure to provide positive energy about myself, while staying humble, and provided examples of my success and how I achieved it. I addressed some of my concerns with pay and schedule.

The next day I was called by the regional manager to meet with him. During that meeting, my concerns we're addressed and negotiated. I was offered at 10% increase to the normal base pay and flexible hours on certain days. I accepted the offer. Each interview was at least 1 hour. No drug testing was done, but I would assume the did a background check before they called me.

Interview Questions

• Can you stand for extended periods of time?   1 Answer
    • How many hours is too many?   1 Answer
    • Why is it important to have good attendance?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The pay was very easy to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sprint (Tacoma, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy if you can sell. My manager did the classic sell me this pen routine which was entertaining. He sees through bs though so if you're gonna sell him on being qualified for the job and you're not or you can't think of good answers to the questions you better ask him questions to move the discussion or try to turn your lack of knowledge into a positive somwhow.

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sprint (Toledo, OH).

Interview

I applied using my phone and recieved a call a few days later. My interviewer was enthusiastic about meeting me much sooner than i had expected. Upon entering my interview i felt a very relaxed atmosphere and the conversation lead itself. The enthusiasm i felt from my interviewer for the company he helps to lead was exciting, and yet still was very professional in the requirements of the job itself to make the description very clear so as not to be misunderstood.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when after exhausting all your resources, you still had trouble overcoming an objection to a sale, or lost a sale?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Interview was bad from the beginning. Rude interviewer asked questions that did not have anything do with the job, they where unorganized and unprofessional. I couldn't wait for it to be over because it just got worse and worse.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sprint.

Interview

Interview consisted of 3 steps. Applied on the 14th got a call back the next day to set up phone interview. Moved on to face to face interview with HR then store managager & video call with District manager only to find out i didn't get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoover, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sprint (Hoover, AL) in October 2015.

Interview

Idk the hiring process they said they would call me . that they had a few more interviews to do. But the interview was me & 2 Sprint managers/ assistant managers ; 1 asking me questions or to describe time s in my career that I had to do something, me answering & the other person writing my answers or something down. Maybe 15mins.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time I had a customer/guest complain or be unhappy & how did I handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (Charlotte, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online then brought my resume into the location I applied to. Basic interview questions about past experiences in retail. I was asked to choose one product out of three, read up on it, and "sell" it to the interviewer. I actually read up on all three and "sold" him on all of them..he seemed impressed. By the end of the interview he seemed very excited to pass my name on to his manager and expressed that he liked my personality. He also said he thought I could definitely be successful in the position. Told me I should expect a call in a couple days to meet with the district manager. Well, so far I've heard nothing. It's been weeks and I've tried getting a hold of him several times to see if there was anything I could do to assist in the process. I find this incredibly unprofessional. Considering that most of their employees were wandering around clueless as can be, were practically illiterate, and all looked like they rarely showered I guess I wouldn't have fit in at that location anyways. Not to mention, there's only one white person and one female that works in that entire location...so it might be in your best interest to hire a white female. Great job, Sprint, on hiring poor management that doesn't know how to treat potential employees. This might explain why you're dead last in the game right now. I will go work at Verizon or AT&T where their reps actually make money.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sprint (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

After submitting on Sprint website and filling out an hour-long test and questionnaires, got a call from district GM to come for an interview. Came early, interview started on time - 2 people interviewed me, male and female, they said each "managed about 10 stores".

Cons:

I was asked if I would be OK to go outside the store and distribute flyers and "stand on the street sign shaking" - when the store is slow. SIGN SHAKING!!! I politely noted that usually companies are hiring separate people to do those things (keeping to myself that a degree or even high school education is not required to perform those duties, not even an ability to speak English) but they didn`t get the point and pressed that the retail sales people should be OK doing those things.

Bummer! I really thought sales people usually are inside air conditioned store selling things, not standing on the street in 100 degrees LA heat inhaling car fumes sign shaking! Little did I know...

I have lots of sales experience so naturally I asked what are the opportunities for promotion and moving between the stores for best performers, in case my store does not have a higher level position open. The lady enthusiastically explained that "Yes definitely, I can move you from on store to another. If you perform great and your sales are high, and there is a store in a slow location that is struggling with making their quotas - I will move you to that store!" Did she hear herself? That just didn`t make any sense. So if I sell great - I`ll be put to the worst location? No, thank you!

The base pay is 12-14/hr "depending on experience" and they made it clear that they start you at $12. The guy said "commissions is where people make the most money".

At the beginning, I gave them my resume and they both started reading it saying "Tell us something about yourself". I was waiting politely for them to finish reading (I guess they have never seen my resume before??), and was told to start talking WHILE they read. I said "well, I thought I`ll give you a moment to read first" and was told "go on, we can read it and you can talk at the same time". At that point I wanted to leave. I mean, that`s disrespectful - to do or read anything while the applicant is talking, and especially disrespectful to show that they both did not even prepare for the interview by taking one minuted to scan through my resume.

The back office was filthy dirty and the arm chairs had huge numerous holes in them, they looked like they were taken from a homeless person. I had to sit on one of those

PROS: I didn`t see any. Being put in the slowest location because I am great in sales and stand on the street sign shaking is really not an appealing job. I wasn`t hiding my reaction during the interview LOL was such a waste of my time!

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sprint in April 2010.

Interview

It was very simple. I filled out an application in store and had an interview on the spot. I was hired that weekend. Business casual attire is required, but upon hire business professional is required. The job involves a lot of standing and phone activations. The position is commission based so new phone activations are mandatory, as well as daily quotas.