Sprint Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sprint Sales Consultant Interview Questions

2.6

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sprint (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

Mainly like a 2 interview process usually to see what type of character you are and if you'd be able to make sales. Looking for confidence. Also the manager really liked that I dressed business formal so that was a big yes.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you felt you gave excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sprint

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sprint (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied on May 28th, received an email from a manager to schedule an interview a couple days later. Manager was professional, and he didn't make me feel uncomfortable. He asked Why Sprint, name a time when you had a goal and how did you achieve it, how did you go above and beyond for a customer. We spoke a lot about sales, so having a sales background especially in electronics helps. He said I would hear back about a second interview at another store, with another store manager. I had that interview a week later, and was asked pretty much the same questions, went over my resume a bit more. They really want to see if you have the confidence to sell and make money. That interview went very well and I was sure the position was mine. The next day, I got the call from the store manager with a contingent offer, and a start date, and the background and drug test info would be emailed shortly. I completed the background the same day and the drug test 3 days later, since they emailed that info after the weekend. Note I'm just waiting for everything to clear and to start next Friday!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because I was happy with my offer, I think I was made a good offer because of my prior experience but I think you can sell yourself and negotiate if you aren't pleased.

Sales Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sprint (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

There was phone interview at first, then schedule for in store interview. They asked about typical interview questions, why did you choose this job, and why are you fit for this job. Can you describe how do you face challenges. How many sales experience do you have before applying for this job. In addition they want to know how confident or comfortable with technology.

Anonymous Employee in Fenton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (Fenton, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

Asked about sales experience, customer service, and added in some scenarios to see where your head is at when it comes to selling. Explained the duties of the job and the sales goals for the months if i were to be employed

Interview Questions

• What is your previous sales experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Pretty straight forward process. There were 4 parts to my interview after applying and completing initial assessments. Fist there was a phone interview where they asked basic questions about myself and gave me a product to sell them on. After this, I met with the store manager at the store in which I would be working. Store manager just asked me basic questions about myself and past experiences. Wanted to know what I did in my free time away from work. Why I felt I would be good for the position. Once I passed this interview I was set up to interview with another store manager at an alternate location. This was the harder of them all because you were not going to be working for this manager so they can dig a little deeper. Same questions were asked during this interview for the most part. After I completed this interview I was contacted to set up a fourth and final interview with the district manager at the location I would be working at. This was very simple and straight forward. You pretty much have the job at this point. They just want to get to know you and feel out your personality to make sure they feel you are a good fit for the position. The process took about a month, this will all depend on how quickly they need someone to fill the position. After I was hired I had to complete two weeks of (paid) training. The first week is completed online in the store. The second week you have to travel and complete a week of in-class training.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with an angry customer and how did it result?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate, but did not feel the need to. Provided a good hourly rate as well as compensation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beavercreek, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sprint (Beavercreek, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

I walked in with my suit and briefcase to ask about any openings. The manager took my resume, looked it over, and asked me to interview on the spot.

After presenting my sales experience I was told she generally doesn't like people with sales experience because she wants to mold individuals into Sprint's own technique...while I understand and appreciate their desire for a structured strategy the ability to sell is not merely rote memorization or dogmatic adherence to some "technique" it is the talent and confidence to sell that makes somebody good. Counting experience, especially the successful variety, against a candidate is ridiculousness in the most extreme order. Also during the interview she used profanity to self-describe her leadership style but that her being so exacting is what works well for the store. I felt this was completely unprofessional language for an interviewer to use but I responded all the same by saying "having high expectations and managing them into a reality is not tantamount to being a <explicit remark>." I thought it was a well delivered retort for the usual "I am a tough manager" statement but boy was I caught off guard.

I didn't mind the proposition interview at all or even the fact that I had to wait for an hour in the store beforehand for her to become available heck it gave me a chance to show my mettle on the spot. However, I definitely mind not getting any sort of phone call or email telling me I did not get the job. A couple weeks went by so I called a few times over a five day period to check my application status. By this time I already knew my fate but wanted to hear it out loud. The interviewer/manager was always "busy" when I called and apparently too much so to reply and by the final call I could sense from the sales consultant's tone that he knew she was just blowing me off. And so it goes even to this day I am still waiting for my rejection notice! I realize in today's market companies can pretty much treat prospective employees any way they want with impunity but I really did expect more from Sprint.

As I glance over other reviews here it seems my experience was unique in the most unfortunate way. Sprint's corporate reputation is pretty good so I was excited at the prospect of joining them. Even now I don't blame Sprint and honestly think I just ran into a bad manager or possibly a new manager still learning the ropes/basic business etiquette. Regardless, I have to rate my experience as largely negative due to her completely wasting my time.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard in sales really "sell this pen"   1 Answer
    • If you had to choose between promotion or more money which would you choose?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sprint (Denver, CO) in March 2013.

Interview

called me for an interview in person after I applied 3 days ago. Went in and they asked me one question. The rest was how great it is and all the oppurtunities you have. It lasted about 20 min and 4 hours later they called me asking when I will be able to start.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (Houston, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

all and all it was about 3 week process. Interview with Asst Managers then with actul Manager and then Regional Manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (Akron, OH) in September 2012.

Interview

online applications are taken and the company is relatively quick to call you back if they are interested. three interviews are required before hiring decision is made by your store manager, another nearby manager and a DM.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question that they will ask if to describe a moment in your past job experiences where you know you did the wrong thing and what you should have done instead   Answer Question

Negotiation

nothing was negotiable. You will be handed a paper that outlines your projected pay and asked if you would like the job.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (Chicago, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

The interview process was pretty average in my book, it took a total of two weeks then I was hired on. I applied online and within a two days I received a call then I preceeded with the actual one on one interview about a week later. I had two interviewers that asked me basic interview questions regarding my prior retail it went pretty smooth. They simply ask questions such as "what does customer service mean to you? What does intergrity mean, and how comfortable are you working with people and technology?" After the intial interview it took about 5 days for a call back, this time i had one interviewer and he repeated the same questions and asked what wage I would work for. They did a backround check and I was then hired on.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It is very easy to negotiate if you have prior experience in the field.