Sprint Solutions Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.8

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Solution Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sprint.

Interview

interview is a 2 step process. 1) Screening which is a video recorded HR interview. 2) In person technical interview. First process be ready to answer questions like what was you most difficult and successful decision in your life etc etc.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sprint

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (Miami, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

It was smooth and easy. They didn't ask any tricky questions, just straight to the point. The first step was a video interview, where they had some per-recorded questions ready and I had 2 minutes to video record my answers. A couple days later I was offered phase 2 which was a Google handouts interview. They asked questions about myself, my future, and life.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your future goals and how did I set them for myself?   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sprint in April 2015.

Interview

Two interviews. The first one was with an automated interview system. 5 general questions like (a project experience, managing time experience, etc).
    The second interview was via Google Hangout with the hiring manager for this program and two associates for around one hour. They will ask to prepare a presentation for "MPLS" and some networking materials to prepare for.

Interview Questions

• Given a network address and subnet mask, how many IPs can be there?   1 Answer
    • How do you mange your tasks or your time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sprint (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview through video, just logged on to a website and then there will be five behavior questions, recorded a video for answering these questions one by one, approximately 5 minutes each. There were a trial or tutorial for you to test your device and got prepared as well. Then you could submitted this video to them.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one of the difficulty you've ever met and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (Dallas, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

One Recorded video interview- behavioral questions, second onsite interview- Technical taken by 2 senior engineers and a manager, I had to prepare and present on MPLS for 15 mins, Interview lasted for 2 hours. Questions were mostly technical, CCNA related and related to my resume. Whole process took around one month.

Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sprint in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about a week later over email. Did a 30 minute call with the hiring manager as a quick first step. Had to run through my background for most of the call as he didn't seem to look at my resume before the call had started. Hiring manager ended the call by saying he had many candidates to review and would get back to me next week. After not hearing anything for two weeks I reached out to him and we set up a second call.

The second call was more than an hour, and a good in-depth discussion by both of us, although again I had to run through a lot about my background and work history. It seems that he remembered my name and where I lived from the first call but not anything about my capabilities or job history. He did give me a fair bit of insight about the job and the team and what would be expected in the role. No discussions about pay in either of the two calls. We ended the second call the same as the first, with the plan that I would hear something from him "next week".

It's now been three months and still no follow up from the hiring manager. I have tried to make contact several times and did not even get a form letter in response.

The lack of courtesy in getting back to a candidate leaves a bad taste in my mouth. However, I think it is also important to point out that the guy was friendly on the telephone and seemed to be straight with his questions to me, and also honest with his answers to my questions.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions were asked. Questions were on-point for the job. For this job they were about both technical topics as well as collaborative skills.   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

Interview

Multiple hiring managers will interview you. WAN and networking protocols will be investigated. Managers may ask you to interview with current employees to evaluate your technical abilities to meet the job requirements and gauge how you might fit within the companies culture.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you dealt with a difficult customer in the past and what steps you took to resolve.   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sprint.

Interview

Pretty standard for a big company. Interview with HR, interview with impending (hiring) Manager, interview with another manager or Director.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiation available.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

phone interview followed by face to face/ one on one interview , presentation on sprint and MPLS, group panel interview ones selected will go through a week training in Dallas

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (Chicago, IL) in June 2009.

Interview

Recruiter screens resumes and then straight to the hiring manager. May involve interview with Director of the group plus peers.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you failed at something? How did you feel? What did you do to recover from the failure?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, negotiation was there. Salary tiers are very wide to accommodate geo and experience