Sprint Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sprint Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sprint (Baltimore, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

Interviews are usually panel interviews with the District managers. There are few formal interview questions so you have a lot of room to lead the interview towards the direction of your choosing. Usually 30-60-90 day business plans are expected to be presented. The interviewers are very energetic and agreeable. They give tells that indicate how the interview is going. This might sound odd but the interviewers seemed to strictly higher off persona and likability. I've received feed back from others who have applied that if you accept the offer you the Area Retail Director interviews you.

Interview Questions

• How did you react during that situation?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sprint

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sprint (Austin, TX).

Interview

I didnt have to interview.
    If you are outside the company, you will go through multiple interviews. Usually a panel with the district manager and one or two trusted hiring managers will take place, sometimes separately. Then you may have another one with other DMs or you may go through to the area director. As an insider, I've always found the interview process to be fair. Different areas will have different processes for store manager interviews, but in general you're going to come across some solid people that are very good at detecting your capability of doing the job.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions on a normal basis are situation, action, result or "behavioral" questions. This can change depending on area or level of interview.
      Example: Tell me about a time that you failed to make the sale? What obstacles were in your way? How did this change your future approach?
      Example: Tell me about a time when an employee challenged you in front of other employees. What was the situation, action, and result?
      I've also seen a lot of seemingly "throw you off" questions like asking you about high school activities or current day reading habits. These are true questions usually meant to show history of aptitude or current drive.
      Again it depends on who is interviewing and their style.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for Store Manager for a new Sprint Connect store location. The overall process was very pleasant. I was contacted by phone, for a brief interview. The actual interview process was about 3 hours long. It was conducted by 3 different individuals. One was a standard interview. The next portion allowed me 45 minutes to put together a 30-60-90 day rollout for a new location and then present it. The last part consisted of several role plays. I felt that it was a very fair and low stress interview given that I have a lot of experience in all areas.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a highly regarded employee who is not producing in all metrics?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Sprint (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

Standard questions expected to be asked for a management level position. Such as, previous experience, coaching ability, metric attainment experience. I specifically had one interview but it is possible to have multiple interviews with other store managers included. Possibly the director.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sprint (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Traditionally, they will walk you around several stores within your perspective district and ask you for feedback on the stores (what you like/dis-like/change). They will also ask you to mock coach some employees on the spot. Interview will typically last one day. No real structure, for Store Manager interview, they are typically looking more for personality fit more than skill.

Interview Questions

• Walking through various portions of your life (schooling, interactions with various people in your life), to get a sense of how you interact with others and how you perform within a group or lead others.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I thought the initial offer was very strong, but when I accepted and came on board, I found it was significantly lower than peers, dont be afraid to negotiate the initial offer at least once, no matter what it is.

Anonymous Employee in Palm Bay, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sprint (Palm Bay, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

had a phone interview first, two days after applying online, about a week later Iwas called for a face to face interview in Florida. I met with the regional ales manager and district manager. and was offered the job the same day.

Interview Questions

• tell us about a past bad customer   Answer Question
    • tell us about a time when you went above and beyond a customer's expectations   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Online Application - Online Assessment - Interview Conducted by District Manager and Store Manager or Operations Manager - Drug Screen and Testing - Background Check Approval - Second Interview if necessary - Verbal Offer - Salary Negotiation - Formal Job Offer via letter or email - Job Acceptance subject to U.S. employment verification

Interview Questions

• What if any particular characteristics would prevent you from being successful in this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pooler, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sprint (Pooler, GA) in May 2013.

Interview

I was interview one on one verse in a big group. The DM was very laid back. I was able to be myself. No pressure, they try there best to make you feel comfortable.

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Panel interview

Interview Questions

• I was an internal candidate so they focused on past success and failures.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sprint (Atlanta, GA) in September 2011.

Interview

I was contacted about a first round of interviews in which a panel of 3 store managers interviewed me in the back of a store. The panel asked questions about strengths/weaknesses, relevant experience, and situational questions.

The next day I was contacted by the panel to set up a phone interview with the district manager who was hiring for that location. This interview was scheduled for the following morning.

On the DM interview I was asked similar questions and told the selection was down to myself and one other candidate. I was told the decision would be made by the following Monday, which it was.

Interview Questions

• What was an experience I had in which an ethical dilemma was brought from?   1 Answer
    • What are the company initiatives?   1 Answer