Sprint Technical Support Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sprint Technical Support Specialist Interview Questions

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sprint (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

I first received a phone call from the recruiter. She advised me who she was and what position they were looking for. She asked if I was interested and I said that I was. She then told me to fill out an online application which she sent a link for and scheduled me to come in to take their assessment.

When I arrived, I had to show security my drivers license and she then informed me to have a seat. A person from Human Resources came out and led me to a computer terminal to start their assessment. The assessment consisted of 195 questions all multiple choice, but contained word problems, math problems (did not have a calculator) and agree/disagree/problems. After the 195 questions, you were then presented with another 40 question of mostly a personal nature agree/disagree type.

After that, you were then presented with an animated training video where you represented "Pat--a customer service agent" and it led you through this training. You were then presented with several calls where you had to choose the correct responses and the correct button on the "call center" screen to get the information. Once that was done, it was back to the animated training lab where you learned to type notes and record your voice into this system. So now you were presented with several more calls, choosing the correct response..recording the response, choosing the proper "notes" to type in to the screen..typing the notes into screen, then saving and categorizing the call. This whole thing took about 3 hours.

After this, I spoke with Human Resources who described the position which lasted about 20 minutes and then I spoke with the hiring manager which lased about another 20 minutes. After all this was completed, Human Resources gave me some paperwork (light) to fill out and then gave me a slip to go and take a drug test. So far no offer.

Interview Questions

• In your past job, what procedure did you have the most difficult time with either understanding or following?   Answer Question
  • Give me a step by step description of any type of technical support that you fixed. It could be anything from installing or removing a program, connecting to the internet etc   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sprint

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sprint (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview went okay, but when I asked a question about how performance was measured, the interviewer gave four measurements of how success was measured, I began to get concerned if this company was all about metrics and not about customer service. I had not worked in a call center ,but I felt I could do it since I learned basic no no's about customer service in the field you did not do in the call center. If you can handle customers, go for it. I'm not convinced Sprint has your back in the event you deal with an angry customer and you try your best to resolve the situation for them if they wish to speak with a supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sprint (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2012.

Interview

It's just a phone interview and if you do well on that you get a 1:1 and if you succeed there you go pee in a cup.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sprint in February 2011.

Interview

Was called Friday and came in Monday and met with initial interviewer (1:1). I was asked about previous call center history, handling irate callers and comfort with diversity questions. I was called back that afternoon for 2nd interview with manager. Office was very relaxed; manager who interviewed me was in jeans. Similar questions about call center history ... especially focused on service skills. Tech background was nice, but larger focus was on the stuff that's harder to teach.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I gave what I would like to make; they made a offer close and I took the offer..

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied and received a phone call telling me to take the assessment, over 2 weeks went by and I decided to walk in on an Open House Wednesday. They matched up my application and assessment and I was able to interview right then.

Interview Questions

• If you came in to work and your computer wouldn't turn on what is the first thing you would do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered the previously discussed max and I accepted

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sprint (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2016.

Interview

The whole process took less than 3 days. Applied online took the assessment online. Called in for face to face interview and was offered a job. Went for the the urine test the same day

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sprint in August 2012.

Interview

I was located out of state, so I had a phone interview. Other staff have mentioned that they went ahead and had an in office interview with a group panel lined up each asking different scopes of questions

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sprint (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

I felt that it was relaxing. The person that interviewed me was very relaxed and it made me feel relaxed. While he still asked all the important questions about my experience and my expectations, he was also establishing a relationship, which is important in the role I was interviewing for.

Negotiation

I was offered a position as an advanced technical support specialist, but I interviewed for a technical support specialist. There was not much of a negotiation when they offered me more than I originally expected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sprint (Fort Worth, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

Unable to access all the testing online. Contacted by recruiter half way thru testing process. Went in to finish testing and interview. Offered 2nd interview tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you offered technical assistance and what were your steps   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2015.

Interview

I was tested and then interviewed. They didn't ask any out of the ordinary questions. Just a basic interview. Other than they asked about my experience in Technical support, which was none. We were just in a generic room for the interview. I found out after I got hired the person that did my interview was actually a Supervisor there. And they quite often pull different team leads to conduct interviews.

Interview Questions

• How I felt about possibly working holidays and nights.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was very simple. I accepted the offer and started 2 weeks after the call.