Sprouts Farmers Market Deli Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 29, 2017

1.7

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Owasso, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sprouts Farmers Market (Owasso, OK) in April 2017.

Interview

Quick and succinct. Basic interview with department manager and asst. store manager. They inquired as to my availability, experience, hours desired, etc. They asked me how I would handle different situations and explained some basic information about the dept.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sprouts Farmers Market

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sprouts Farmers Market (Overland Park, KS) in March 2017.

Interview

Simple interview process. Once you are hired you are required to attend a 3-4 hour orientation class where you are shown a power point about the company. They also walk you through the store to give you a general idea of the area you will be working in. The orientation is for people of all positions in the company, so there is no department specific training, which makes the first day mildly intimidating. But over all easy, pain-free process.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very general; for example what are some jobs you've had in the past, what are your strengths and weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Monrovia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sprouts Farmers Market (Monrovia, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and called them a few days afterwards. She didn't really interview me at all she said over the phone that she would speak to the manager of deli about me. I called again after she didn't call me for a few days and she said they'd like to hire me for either cashier or deli clerk and to come in to give my id and social security. I came in and she said id get the forms Monday. This was a Thursday. So after not receiving the forms by Monday i called Tuesday and she said that the position had been filled and all they had was bagger and if i was interested, i said yes since i had already quit my other job. she called me back an hour later to say that position had been filled and no positions where available and wouldn't be available for three months. So basically she was offering me positions that she had no right to offer since she had spoken to the managers of those departments to confirm if the positions where still available. they had already filled them!!

Sprouts Farmers Market Response

Jul 6, 2017 – Sprouts Talent Acquisition Team

We are sorry to hear about your interview experience at Sprouts. The candidate experience is important to us. We would like to learn more, please contact us at hrsupportdesk@Sprouts.com so someone... More

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sprouts Farmers Market (Marietta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online, got a call 4 days later. 5min phone interview. The interviewer then asked me the best day I could do an in person interview which was 2 days later. Went to a different location since the one I applied for hasn't opened yet. There were two people interviewing in a small sitting location inside the store. I filled out some paper work that just asked some basic questions and my availability. The man who interviewed me was the be the store manager of the store I applied to. He was very friendly and even worked as a manager at the Kroger I used to work for. After the interview he pulled me away from the other interviewers and gave me a job offer with pay higher than I had asked for.

Interview Questions

Sprouts Farmers Market Response

Jul 6, 2017 – Sprouts Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you for taking the time to interview with us. We are glad to hear that you had a positive interview experience and greatly appreciate your feedback.

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sprouts Farmers Market (Pasadena, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I began on the National Hiring Day. Nice interview; was told to follow up in a week. I did. No response for a few days and then I got an email with an interview scheduled on a day that I couldn't attend. Was told to call when back in town. Again, no response for five days. Finally two more interviews and paperwork sent into processing.

Interview Questions

• Why Sprouts?
      Why do YOU want to work here? ( I personally have a long resume)
      Availability   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sprouts Farmers Market (Fort Collins, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online, received a call to come in the store for an interview. Sat in the coffee shop and interviewed with store manager. Conducted the drug test after interview, received an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize multiple tasks that all have the same deadline?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sprouts Farmers Market (Scottsdale, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Was only asked about my availability and willingness to work in department. Was hired on the spot. Was drug tested a couple weeks afterward after the background check went through and started almost immediately.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in working in the Deli?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Keller, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sprouts Farmers Market (Keller, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

You fill out app.Then later you get a call to meet with assistant manager.Then they do a mouth swab drug test on site at that interview and say you are hired or not outcome depending.The whole process took 2 different trips to the store,one time they called me in by mistake so I had to go back home.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work at Sprouts.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sprouts Farmers Market (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with the store manager and deli manager. Very simple. Mainly asked about availability. It seems like they hire anyone because they have a very big turn around rate. I worked there for a week and no one wanted to train me. A girl higher up told me the way to cut meat in the machine was to "just put meat in and slice it". sprouts has such bad management and deli team. I would not recommend working for this company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. $11.18 to start as a deli clerk.

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sprouts Farmers Market (Littleton, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

It was quick and low pressure but still formal. I first applied on line and then had an interview set up with the department manger who sole made the hiring decision. I knew within a few day if I has had the job or not. It was the easiest hiring process that i had ever gone through.