Squar Milner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Squar Milner

3.1

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Squar Milner (Irvine, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through on-campus recruiting and was selected for an interview. I was the last interview of the day and the interviewer decided he wanted to grill me for 1 hr. He seemed to get really aggressive and even told me directly that some of my answers were not what he was looking for and made me think of other answers. He also stated: "I'm the interviewer here, so you're supposed to try to impress me". This experience has left a very unpleasant feeling towards the firm. As someone who has "been in the profession" for many decades, I expected more professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an instance in which you helped another person you didn't know, without having been asked, and why you did it.   Answer Question

Squar Milner Response

Jul 23, 2018 – Principal

HR response: We appreciate the feedback and though it was from two years ago, it is unfortunate that you did not have a positive experience. I cannot imagine an instance in which one of our... More

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Squar Milner (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

meet with recruiter, brief introduction, essay, interview with upper management, and lunch with seniors.

One of the smoothest experiences I have encountered. Well organized and everyone was very relaxed and friendly. Overall, I thought that everyone was pleasant and genuine from the partners to senior managers to seniors to associates. Just be cool.

P.S.
    It was very difficult for me to walk away from my offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you look at the little details, or do you look at the big picture? Explain why.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Squar Milner (Irvine, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

1) Phone interview
    2) In-house interview with 3 rounds with various Partner/Senior Managers and a lunch with an associate(s). Overall the process was smooth and you just have to come prepared, ready, and confident. Listen attentively to what they say and respond actively. In essences, be able to keep the conversation going.

Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Squar Milner (Newport Beach, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

Great firm

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your engagements?   1 Answer
    • What makes you continue to thrive?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Great pay

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Squar Milner (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Laid back, more conversational with a few questions here and there. Not incredibly intimidating. Mostly talked about past experiences in college and some other things. Not so much questions from my resume and more behavioral questions like I said earlier. Still know your resume inside and out, I made comments on mine and the interviewer asked me to expand. Overall nothing to difficult, just be conversational and be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went out of your way to help someone else   Answer Question

Auditing Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Squar Milner (Newport Beach, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

After the HR interview, there are normally 2- 3 interviews with final interview with the partner. If all the interviewers like you then you are offered a job. Even the Seniors are given the opportunity to interview depending upon the level of personnel being hired.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the firm and why do you want to work for Squar Milner.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Squar Milner (Newport Beach, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Emailed senior recruiter and got a call back within the hour. Scheduled for in-house interview the following Monday. Whole process took about one and a half hour. Spoke with a partner and two senior managers. Overall smooth, friendly atmosphere.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Squar Milner (Irvine, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

The interview focused on behavioral questions to determine my problem-solving ability. It was quite intense and the interviewer looks a bit intimidating to me. It lasted for about 25 minutes and ended with my couple questions to them.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Squar Milner (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty easy. During the interview they try to just get to know you, as the team is a smaller, close-knit group so personality fit is very important. Know your resume very well as they do go through almost all line items on it to see how your experiences have helped you grow.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Squar Milner.

Interview

I interviewed at the college campus career center. The human resource representative greeted me and interviewed me for approximately 30 minutes. The questions were average, typical questions, not accounting related. She proceeded to tell me about the company's culture and environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work in a group setting and a group member was hard to work with.   Answer Question
    • What are you weaknesses   Answer Question