Square Enix UK Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 6, 2017

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Square Enix UK

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Square Enix UK (El Segundo, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

It was broken into 3 steps; Hiring Manager, Proficiency test, and then a final interview with the QA managers. The proficiency test was low pressure and the interview was actually very fun.

Interview Questions

• A series of grammatical and spelling tests were part of the test. The interview was mainly to see if you were a good fit for the job and the team.   Answer Question

N/A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Square Enix UK (El Segundo, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online through a craigslist ad. I was very excited to get an interview at a top video game company like square enix, but i got a call that they weren't going to add me into the talent pool because my interview was and I quote "as if he didn't understand what the questions were talking about" I sat in front of a guy for an hour answering questions on a piece of paper and he wrote down my answers. It was long and tedious. I don't really know this man, and what happens if he wrote down the wrong answers to my questions? I feel like maybe anyone could interview and write down something to not make me get this job? They should seriously change this kind of process. I took 4 exams, and wait almost 1 month for someone to just jot down my answers..... He's giving this paper to his manager but his manager was on lunch.....whatever.

Interview Questions

• What have you done to be calm during a stressful situation?   Answer Question
    • Any questions for the team?   Answer Question
    • What is one thing about you we can't tell if we look at you?   Answer Question
    • An employee does something against regulations at the company, what do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Square Enix UK (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

Interview was about almost 30 questions read from a paper, most of them redundant and repetitive. Answered them to the best of my ability, and asked for clarification on a few questions but still got shut down by their hiring team because I wasn't a "company culture fit." Yeah, well, goodluck with finding that.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where your opinions differed from your supervisors, and you how did you handle it?   Answer Question

QA Tester Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Square Enix UK.

Interview

I responded to an ad online and was contacted by a representative of Wired Talent. After a short and pleasant conversation on the phone, I was asked to come in for a bug test at the Square Enix building in El Segundo.

The bug test is essentially a grammar proficiency exam, and it boils down to correcting errors in a sentence. It's also a good preview of the general structure for writing a suggested fix. After correcting errors in a series of example sentences, there is a written exam portion with a few available topics.

The following week I received word I had passed the exam and was asked in for a face-to-face interview. The interview was conducted by three members of the staff there and was pleasant and relaxed. I was asked to talk about a mechanic in a game I believe could use improvement. Other questions revolved around resolving work place disputes and how I might deal with extended periods of repetitive tasks. They went into greater detail on the position. The QA type work there is localization focused, meaning greater emphasis is put on correcting grammar, spelling, and syntax mistakes over functionality problems. That isn't to say there aren't functionality problems to be addressed (there are) but because many of the games are Japanese to English translated products, a greater number of the bugs and fixes revolve around text. Finally, I was asked why I was qualified to assess a text-heavy product.

About a week later, I was informed I had passed the interview process, and would be placed in a "talent pool." Later, I was told I had been selected and that the project would be starting in the following weeks. The whole process took about 3-4 weeks.

Friendly advice: On the days of the bug exams/interviews, you will be going to the Square Enix building in El Segundo. Make it a point to arrive early, as you will likely be parking in the street. The neighborhood streets surrounding the building fill up with other parked vehicles during the week. On top of that, you must be mindful of certain street being unavailable to park on due to street sweeping, depending on the day of the week you are there.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with work place disputes?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Square Enix UK (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

The entire process was very straightforward. The actual interview was very pleasant. I think it would be hard for anyone to feel uncomfortable. There were no super hard questions, as long as you do your research beforehand.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to keep yourself focused when certain aspects of a job get repetitive?   1 Answer

QA Tester Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Square Enix UK.

Interview

Applied online.
    Was brought in for a bug test.
    Passed test; brought back in for an interview.
    Was put into the talent pool for future projects.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Square Enix UK (El Segundo, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Getting here was not hard, it was very close to the 105 and 405 freeway. Expect a decent amount of traffic in the morning. The interview was easy, I waited in the reception area along with another person going for an interview. It was not a group interview, it was handled one by one. Rather more like 1:2, It was done with both of the two supervisors. They asked me several questions that were expected and typical.

Interview Questions

• Was asked questions for example on what I would do in in a situation I didn't have a solution for. And what I would do if all the solutions I provided did not work for the customer.   Answer Question

Na Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Square Enix UK (El Segundo, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

30 questions in front of 2 to 3 people. Questions range from normal to very odd. Call back was quick. Not much else to say. Must experience it in person. Asked not to share questions.

Head of QA Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Square Enix UK.

Interview

Two stage interview, firstly with 2-3 senior members of the team; Producers, Ops Director and MD. A presentation was required of suggested change management, 6-12 change plan, process creation and quality controls. This stage lasted between 2-3 hours. Second stage is with HR manager, going on past experiences and skills.

Interview Questions

• What would be the first five tasks, changes or initiatives you would carry out when starting this role?   Answer Question

PR Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Square Enix UK (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Pretty simple, applied the 12th of May, got a response and booked an interview for early June on the 19th of May. Arrived a little early, the woman who welcomed me was extremely friendly. There was a great atmosphere. Sat down with a couple of the PR team for about an hour or so, was a great experience. However they didn't seem very prepared, as they constantly would pause between questions and look at each other somewhat awkwardly, waiting for the other to ask the next question.

I felt like I did well, and asked when I could expect to hear back, they said two weeks. When that time came and went, I sent an email to the person who'd originally contacted me about the offer, but never heard back at all.

Interview Questions

• What PR campaign that you've seen did you like the most?   Answer Question