Find jobs for IOS/Android Developer

Square IOS/Android Developer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2012

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1 of over 852 interviews

Interviews at Square

Neutral100%
Applied online100%
HardAverageEasy

Square

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Square (Saint Louis, MO) in Nov 2010

Interview

I initially applied as an iOS developer. In order to apply, you must complete a simple code puzzle. This is equivalent to something you'd encounter in an entry level computer science class. The initial interview was a phone screening. The square employee was 3 hours late for the call. I had to reschedule for 1 week later. He was on time for the second call. Less than 1 week later, square recommended I apply as an Android developer. They sent a different slightly more complicated code puzzle, which you might encounter in a junior level computer science class. I interviewed with the Android manager who gave some java and object-oriented programming trivia questions. 1 week later, I went to their office to pair program with him for 2 hours. We had lunch, and everything seemed to go well. 1 week later, I went to their office again to pair with another developer. That also seemed to go well. 2 days later, Square set up travel for me to fly to their San Francisco office to interview. 2 days after that, Square called to end the process.

Interview Questions
  • What is a volatile variable, and why would you use it?
    2 Answers