SquareTrade Engineering Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SquareTrade (San Francisco, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

My interview was set up by a recruiter. There was an initial phone interview with a Director-level SquareTrade employee, then about a week later an in person interview. The phone screen was standard for Silicon Valley: 30-60 minutes, both of us talked a fair amount, no hardball questions, mostly to get a feel for the candidate and the company.

The in person interview was also similar to a lot of Software companies: Three technical people interviewed me, plus I talked to the Director of HR. In all cases they solicited questions from me, told me about their role, their view of the company, expected direction, etc. They asked about my experience, how I would handle certain situations, and technologies with which I am familiar. One interviewer posed more technical questions than the others.

No one was pushy, arrogant or rude, or conducted an inquisition in terms of interview style. Everything happened punctually, from the first phone screen to the in person interview. Their answers to the questions I asked made me think SquareTrade is a good place to work, and is trying to manage its growth the right way.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer asked "soft" questions about the best way to implement a solution to a certain problem.   1 Answer