Squarepoint Capital Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Squarepoint Capital Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Squarepoint Capital

2.5

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Squarepoint Capital (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2018.

Interview

This company conducts fake interviews. In case of job profile, they will say they are ok with any kind of profile as long as they find smart candidates. But that is just a bait to get you to interview. Then they will ask questions such that they want minute details of what you have worked on, as if they are going to replicate it. The questions don’t sound like they are trying to gauge your ability to work on what you have written on your resume.
 The interviewers were very young and junior in experience. When managers want to really hire, they spend some efforts and time to check whether they are getting the kind of candidate required for the job. But here there was not even a mention of the manager. Generally managers don’t rely on the decision making abilities of the junior most people in the team when it comes to hiring. Such interviewers could unnecessarily reject candidates for reasons like they find the candidate to be a competition to themselves, they are sexist, immature or just simply don’t have the experience to understand how to test people with that level of experience. But still if the manager doesn’t even bother to talk to the candidate, you know what’s cooking.
I had applied there through a recruiter of SelbyJennings and the way she was behaving felt like she was also colluding with them.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Squarepoint Capital

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Squarepoint Capital (Paris (France)) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewer is the phd in physics, he is quite gentle. I had some difficulties in calculation,while he gave me his hints. I was rejected just after 2 hours of interview.

Interview Questions