Squarespace Social Media Content Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Social Media & Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Squarespace (New York, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

At Squarespace, their cache is cool ... and don't you forget it. Marketed as a "drag and drop" software platform they're unveiling a new version that will hopefully give them better traction against competitors like Wix, Weebly, and literally dozens of other software providers. The company was looking for a social media and content manager to help them market to the "creative" market. Unfortunately, no one on the team could be considered either creative, nor had the interest in being a brand ambassador.

To be clear, I did not receive an offer, which in this economy is not surprising. What I found negative about the experience is that although they asked for additional information, one phone interview, three in-person interviews, and I provided a detailed 10-page marketing plan for the company, they never bothered to email contact me to not offer me the position. I suspect that much of my content will show up in Squarespace marketing initiatives because I left my marketing plan there for them to "consider" not steal.

At this point, I'd urge any other applicant to not waste their time putting any extra effort into their application. I'd also urge the creative marketplace to keep their $8 for a Chipotle burrito and keep their site on Wordpress. I'd rate the interview two middle fingers ... straight up.

Interview Questions

• What interest do you have in our target market and how would you market to them?   Answer Question