St. Christopher's Hospital for Children Interview Questions | Glassdoor

St. Christopher's Hospital for Children Interview Questions

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children

RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children.

Interview

I had an initial interview with Human Resources, where salary, shift, benefits, and what would be expected of me as a new hire were discussed. Next, that same day, I interviewed with the nurse manager of the unit. The last step of the interview process involved shadowing a nurse for 4 hours on the unit.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions: situation and behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Registered Dietitian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Three part interview. One with HR, one with manager, one with doctor. Basic interview questions, situational, and behavioral questions. Looking for flexibility, able to handle stressful situations, good team player who is also self motivated.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with multiple deadlines coming up soon?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Could not negotiate much.

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children (Phila, PA).

Interview

Very easy interview process. Interviewed with Nursing recruitment first, basically discussed the position, salary, past experience. Then was walked over the unit to meet nurse manager and interview. Asked basic interview questions and showed me unit. Was called back to shadow unit for 4 hours

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

I got a phone call on a Monday to come in for an interview on Wednesday of the same week. When I arrived the office was crowded and I could tell that they where in desperate need of help. I arrived on time but had to wait about 20 minutes after my scheduled interview time due to the office being super crowded with patients and the staff including the manager,who interviewed me where very busy handling patients. When the manager finally came out to bring me back to be interviewed she seemed to be in a rush. She asked me typical interview questions and then told me about the position.She sent me to the hospital's HR department where I interviewed again with a recruiter who asked more typical interview questions (tell me about yourself, why saint Christopher's, ect..) After that interview she gave me a benefits packet which was a packet telling about the benefits their employees receive and told me that she would contact me within the same week.

Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

Had an over the phone interview first then was called back to do the professional interview in person. Then about a week later was afforded the position. Then had to come in to do the initial hiring paper work and the screening process.

Unit Secretary Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children.

Interview

My acutual interview was great..it was about 20mins.. My manager asked my questions specific to the job title and unit. In our unit its important to multi-task and manage time correctly, that was one thing that was bought up during the interview. Medical terminology is preferred, however, if you dont have medical terminology..please study and/or volunteer in the hospital prior to applying to the position . You may have a better chance of being selected. Other than that the interview itself was a very typical interview

Negotiation

I negoiated a .10 cent increase (they need to pay more for the quality of work they are asking for)

CMA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children (Phila, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process was not hard easy typical interview questions. Management needs to do better in screening their potential candidates. They need to stop focusing on experience with EHR and focus on actual hands on experience. HR also needs to get rid of the people that do nothing for the company just get a pay check. One or two rotten apples spoils a bunch.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little abut your medical background experience including electronic health records   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in December 2011.

Interview

After phone interview there was a long silence. I then received a request to interview with three different people in three different buildings on three different days. All asked the same questions. After 3 weeks I received a call to go to another interview. By then having no feedback to my thank you letters or interviews, I had taken another position.

Interview Questions

• What will you do when I call you frustrated because I need more nurses?   1 Answer

Unit Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children (Phila, PA) in February 2011.

Interview

process was very easy and thorough, nothing unexpected, Everyone was very nice and helpful
    the location was not far from my home. Parking was provided, as well as lunch. I met with all the key players the same day

Interview Questions

• why did i leave my last job   1 Answer

Registered Nurse - ED Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2007.

Interview

New graduate dinner, on the spot interview. Shadowed in the ED 2 months later with a staff nurse for a total of 4 hours during the busiest time of day. Staff nurse discussed her opinions with manager and clinical coordinator, I then rec'd letter offer in the mail 3 months post initial interview. One copy was for mine to keep and one to send in. They just rec'd magnet status but the morale in department was less than great. Management appeared to listen but didn't really tackle the issues at hand.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you would change about yourself?   Answer Question
    • If you were faced with a co-worker that you didn't get along with how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate as a new graduate. Base hourly rate. NO room to negotiate, or at leaset they didn't tell you there was an option for that.