St. David's HealthCare Registered Nurse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

St. David's HealthCare Registered Nurse Interview Questions

Interviews at St. David's HealthCare

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. David's HealthCare (Austin, TX).

Interview

When I first arrived, it was not clear where I was supposed to go. Signs at the hospital are difficult to follow, and the manager's office was hard to find. The unit clerk was less than helpful - she pointed "that way" rather than walking me down to where I needed to be. The interview itself was with multiple staff members, including the director and manager. Afterward, I was introduced to potential coworkers. I was offered the position and had to wait over three weeks before being able to start in the next orientation group. This meant I had to wait five weeks from the day I was offered the job until I received my first paycheck (for one week of work).

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty typical for a nursing job (or most any job these days.) "Give me an example of a time...and how did you handle it?" etc... The most difficult of these types of questions to me is, "Why are you leaving your current job?" It's hard not to complain or otherwise be negative if coming from a bad situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no opportunity to negotiate, but they made me a reasonable offer.

Other Interview Reviews for St. David's HealthCare

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at St. David's HealthCare in March 2013.

Interview

The first interview would be with the nurse manager: Basic nursing behavioral questions.
    Such as how do you work in a team. What are you nursing goals. What are you strengths and weaknesses.

The second interview process is a peer interview, which is much easier. Two peers would interview you asking the same basic behavioral questions. Pretty much similar questions as the nurse manager but the point of this interview is to make sure you'll be easy to get along with and easy to work with.

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at St. David's HealthCare (Round Rock, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied and the next day was contacted by a recruiter. She asked me when I would be able to schedule an interview, I told her a few days from that day and it was setup.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation since I only had one year of experience nursing that actually didn't apply to the med surg specialty, but I did get a sign on bonus for $7,500 with a 2 year contract. It was unexpected so to me it was a plus!

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. David's HealthCare.

Interview

Interview with manager, then peer team. I was offered a position on the spot. The entire process took less than an hour. The interview was not difficult at all. The group was laid back and made the process feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• How did you communicate successfully with someone who didn't personally like you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at St. David's HealthCare (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

. first there was a phone interview, later they mailed me to confirm the timings of face to face interview.It was a face to face interview with manager. It went on well she was friendly too.

Anonymous Employee in Georgetown, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at St. David's HealthCare (Georgetown, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Peer interview, standard situation-type questions. Performed by registered nurses who I was going to be working with in the future, no manager present in the peer interview part of the process.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you dealt with a difficult person and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. David's HealthCare (Austin, TX).

Interview

You are interviewed by management and your peers. The interview can be stressful, but you are going to be asked the basic questions by management and the peers that are asked everywhere. Come with your own questions as well. Know your strengths and your weakness and be able to speak to both. Identify at least one time in your career you made a mistake and what you did about it. Know of one time in your career you had a conflict and what you did about it.

Interview Questions

• You have a patient who's O2 sat is low, blood sugar is this, BP is this, what do you do first?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. David's HealthCare (Austin, TX) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied online. Heard from HR in a couple of days. She did a small “get to know you” interview and gave me a lot of information about things like pay, hours, tuition reimbursement program, and when I should expect to hear.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. David's HealthCare in July 2019.

Interview

You are required to dial-in to the interview with the recruiter. I was placed on hold for 30 mins and no one ever picked up. This happened TWICE with 2 different recruiters. No respect for people's time and effort.