St. James's Place Wealth Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

St. James's Place Wealth Management Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at St. James's Place Wealth Management in March 2016.

Interview

1 round over the phone. They rescheduled on me a few times. More of an informational interview, did not seem too interested in learning more about me or my qualifications. I think that it was because the intern is mostly learn on the job, so anyone can do it as long as they are willing to learn.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. James's Place Wealth Management.

Interview

Applied online, basic application, cv and cover letter. The next step is a video interview, there are 4 questions, you have one minute to prepare and one minute to answer each question. questions such as tell me about yourself, why SJP, you greatest non-academic achievement and why do you fit the role.

Technology Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cirencester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at St. James's Place Wealth Management (Cirencester, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied via the SJP careers website by submitting my CV and application details. Got a telephone call from their HR department for a short telephone interview. This was followed up by a face-to-face interview with HR and someone from the relevant department . Questioning was mainly competency based and partly technical/skills review. After the 1st face-to-face interview i was called back for a 2nd interview with the same two representatives - a couple more competency based questions were asked followed by current salary package/benefits etc. This was then followed up with a job offer

PA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. James's Place Wealth Management (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Brief telephone interview with they just go over the company/role and ask some general questions (why you want to leave current job, where do you see yourself in 5 years etc). Follow-up face to face interview with two partners a week later - this interview requires some prep as they asked for examples (several competency and situation-based questions which can be tricky if you have nothing prepped).

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me something about you and what you do in your spare time.
      2) How would your current employers describe you?
      2) Describe three qualities you would bring to this job.
      2) What's 10% of a million?

Rest were scenario questions specific to the job (they'd describe a situation and give you three options).

Offered another role

Rotational Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cirencester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at St. James's Place Wealth Management (Cirencester, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

The process starts with the classic application online. After this stage came the Video interview stage - there were several questions including why SJP/why this scheme and the advice I can give is to make sure you know the company and you know why you want to work here.

After the video interview you get invited to the assessment centre which is both incredibly challenging but also one of the best assessment days you will attend. The assessment centre is a two day event and the night before you are taken out for a meal with a member of the Early Careers team and current graduates. This is a great opportunity to really find out what the programme is all about and what working at SJP is truly like. You then stay at a lovely hotel in Cirencester which is paid for by the company.

The assessment centre itself is the following day. There are 4 components and you start with a group exercise which challenges your communication skills, as well as your ability to work well with others. There are then three other components which include a written exercise, a competency based interview and a presentation.

The written exercise puts you in the situation of being a graduate in the Client Services team and gives you some insight into the roles you may end up in as one of your rotations.

The competency based interview is not typical of other companies. It is much more of a chat that aims to find out what motivates and drives you as well as understand more about who you are. There are some competency questions built in, but the interviewers are fantastic at building relationships.

The presentation is based on a document you get about a company and involves an hour of preparation and then a 30-45 minute presentation and question session.

For the assessment centre I cannot express how at ease you are made to feel. The Early Careers team are truly fantastic and really prove how great a company SJP is. It truly proves what SJP say on their website - people are definitely at the centre of this company!

The day after my assessment centre I received an email at 8.30 a.m. inviting me to a final interview.This efficiency is exactly how SJP work - every message is personal and SJP will always let you know exactly where you stand.

The final interview was with the Head of Early Careers and the Co-Chief Operating Officer and was less of an interview and more of a chat. There was a curveball question but this is not to catch you out as much as it is to see how you think on your feet.

The day after my final interview I got a call at 8.30 am from one of the Early Careers team to let me know that SJP were making me an offer and I cannot wait to start working there.

Interview Questions

• What drives and motivates you?
      What would your friends say about you?
      What does SJP do?
      How do SJP make money?

Financial Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at St. James's Place Wealth Management (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

Coffee chat, one to one, interested in experience and number of clients, funds under management. This was arranged by a senior recruitment manager. The interview lasted about 15 mins. I was advised I would get an email wishing a couple of days

Interview Questions

• What clients can you bring to us? Essentially they were just looking for existing IFAs to bring their clients to them in order to make money. This was not made clear at the outset   1 Answer

Rotational Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cirencester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at St. James's Place Wealth Management (Cirencester, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Initially you had to submit a cover letter and CV through their online portal.
    If you were successful you'd be put through to a 1 way video interview, which consisted of four 1 minute questions to answer, where you had 1 minute to prepare for each.
    Having got through this stage, I was invited to an assessment centre which was at their head office in Cirencester. I arrived the night before and you meet other candidates and some members of the SJP team. We were taken out for a meal to get to know everyone, which was all paid for. All expenses are paid back for the AC. The following morning the assessment centre began, which had 5 stages:
    1) Group Interview
    2) Written communication
    3) Analysis of a booklet of information
    4) Presentation of analysis in 3 and Q&A
    5) HR interview
    2) to 5) were in different orders for everyone.
    There were 8 candidates per day and I believe there were 9 different assessment days.
    Although I didn't get an offer it was still a good experience - the fact that they were so accommodating made you feel as comfortable as you could feel.

Interview Questions

• What is the company structure and how do they make money?
      What excites you about SJP?
      Tell us about yourself.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at St. James's Place Wealth Management in December 2016.

Interview

email a copy of you CV and Cover Letter to their recruitment team
    Online Video interview which consists of 4 questions
    Assessment center at their office (whole day)
    Final Interview at their office with a panel of 3 people
    You receive an Offer

Interview Questions

• video interview
      1min to think, 1 min to answer

Tell me about yourself
      Tell me about SJP
      Greatest non academic achievement
      why i fit the role

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at St. James's Place Wealth Management (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview arranged 3 weeks in advance. Advised at beginning it would only be 45 minutes as the interviewer was very busy and couldn't spare any more time. However was kept waiting for 15 minutes. Reviewed CV with agent and advised to review company accounts and website. Aggressive interviewer. Hadn't be able to fill the role for six months and didn't know if it had if it was because a lack of good candidates or because he was too fussy.

Interview Questions

• What character flaws do you have that need to be eliminated.   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Interview

casual interview with head of personal, then a second interview consisting of competency questions focusing on maths and grammar. Finally a meeting with the partner i shall be working for. Quick reply's in-between interviews with constant feedback along the way. They are typically looking for people who would easily fit into the team rather than those with experience.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about the company? what do you do in your free time? Tell us about yourself?   Answer Question