St. James's Place Wealth Management Rotational Graduate Scheme Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at St. James's Place Wealth Management

3.3

Rotational Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cirencester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at St. James's Place Wealth Management (Cirencester, England (UK)) in November 2019.

Interview

Assessment Day consisted of 4 tasks including an interview (mainly competency based), written task, role play task and group exercise. It was a really relaxed day. The previous evening there was a meal which they said was unassessed which was a nice way to settle in and get to know the others before the next day.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for St. James's Place Wealth Management

Rotational Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cirencester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at St. James's Place Wealth Management (Cirencester, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

The process starts with the classic application online. After this stage came the Video interview stage - there were several questions including why SJP/why this scheme and the advice I can give is to make sure you know the company and you know why you want to work here.

After the video interview you get invited to the assessment centre which is both incredibly challenging but also one of the best assessment days you will attend. The assessment centre is a two day event and the night before you are taken out for a meal with a member of the Early Careers team and current graduates. This is a great opportunity to really find out what the programme is all about and what working at SJP is truly like. You then stay at a lovely hotel in Cirencester which is paid for by the company.

The assessment centre itself is the following day. There are 4 components and you start with a group exercise which challenges your communication skills, as well as your ability to work well with others. There are then three other components which include a written exercise, a competency based interview and a presentation.

The written exercise puts you in the situation of being a graduate in the Client Services team and gives you some insight into the roles you may end up in as one of your rotations.

The competency based interview is not typical of other companies. It is much more of a chat that aims to find out what motivates and drives you as well as understand more about who you are. There are some competency questions built in, but the interviewers are fantastic at building relationships.

The presentation is based on a document you get about a company and involves an hour of preparation and then a 30-45 minute presentation and question session.

For the assessment centre I cannot express how at ease you are made to feel. The Early Careers team are truly fantastic and really prove how great a company SJP is. It truly proves what SJP say on their website - people are definitely at the centre of this company!

The day after my assessment centre I received an email at 8.30 a.m. inviting me to a final interview.This efficiency is exactly how SJP work - every message is personal and SJP will always let you know exactly where you stand.

The final interview was with the Head of Early Careers and the Co-Chief Operating Officer and was less of an interview and more of a chat. There was a curveball question but this is not to catch you out as much as it is to see how you think on your feet.

The day after my final interview I got a call at 8.30 am from one of the Early Careers team to let me know that SJP were making me an offer and I cannot wait to start working there.

Interview Questions

• What drives and motivates you?
      What would your friends say about you?
      What does SJP do?
      How do SJP make money?   Answer Question

Rotational Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cirencester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at St. James's Place Wealth Management (Cirencester, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Initially you had to submit a cover letter and CV through their online portal.
    If you were successful you'd be put through to a 1 way video interview, which consisted of four 1 minute questions to answer, where you had 1 minute to prepare for each.
    Having got through this stage, I was invited to an assessment centre which was at their head office in Cirencester. I arrived the night before and you meet other candidates and some members of the SJP team. We were taken out for a meal to get to know everyone, which was all paid for. All expenses are paid back for the AC. The following morning the assessment centre began, which had 5 stages:
    1) Group Interview
    2) Written communication
    3) Analysis of a booklet of information
    4) Presentation of analysis in 3 and Q&A
    5) HR interview
    2) to 5) were in different orders for everyone.
    There were 8 candidates per day and I believe there were 9 different assessment days.
    Although I didn't get an offer it was still a good experience - the fact that they were so accommodating made you feel as comfortable as you could feel.

Interview Questions

• What is the company structure and how do they make money?
      What excites you about SJP?
      Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question