St. John Hospital & Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 7, 2017

2.6

Medical Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. John Hospital & Medical Center (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Submitted my resume to the HR dept and was called by the hiring department for an interview. Interviewed by the manager and the Director together and then separately. Both were extremely kind and very informative describing the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in this department?   1 Answer

Environmental Service Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. John Hospital & Medical Center (Detroit, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

The process took about 2 weeks. I applied through Michigan Works job website and got a call about a week later for an interview. I was interviewed by 2 managers at the same time. After the interview, they decided I didn't need the second interview so I was offered the job. Did my physical the next day and the same day was asked to come to orientation the next day. Did 2 days of orientation for 4 hours each and then started work. Interview questions were easy general questions about past jobs, how you handle stress or rude people, and customer service. Housekeeping is through the company is Touchpoint Support Services.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at St. John Hospital & Medical Center in March 2015.

Interview

Talked to a manager and one of the ACL. Interview was in NM office. They asked behavioral, case scenarios and Pt priority questions. How to deal when you disagree with MD? How do you describe your previous employer?

Interview Questions

• Time, when you went above and beyond customer service.   Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. John Hospital & Medical Center.

Interview

One interview, I was interviewed by 4 people. At the end of my interview I had to show them my phlebotomy skills by drawing on a fake arm. Each person asked me a few questions and all wrote notes while I answered the question.

Interview Questions

• We've all had to break rules from time to time, name one time you broke the rules and what did you do. That was one of questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiations I was told salary was pretty firm to insure that those that come in don't make more than those that have been there awhile.

Respiratory Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at St. John Hospital & Medical Center (Tulsa, OK) in November 2014.

Interview

Well i came into the respiratory department and sat at the desk and they ask me if would like a job working for them and i answered was yes i would like to work for you and then they told me how much i would be making and hour and i said thank you for be so nice.

Staff Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. John Hospital & Medical Center in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call for an interview. I am leaving out the department of purpose. I came and the interviewer acted as if she did not want to be there, she was extremely rude by asking "why don't I have a job on a floor somewhere?". She continued to tell me within the first 5-10 minutes of the interview that I did not have enough experience to "hit the floor in her department." This was the worse interview I have ever had in my entire life. I called the HR department it was so bad.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked the normal questions "why do you want to work for us?", "where do you see yourself in five years?"   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at St. John Hospital & Medical Center.

Interview

They first called me for a phone interview and then set up an interview in person. It went very well and I was pretty much told she would contact me with a date and time for training.

Interview Questions

• Many of the questions asked were the same questions asked on the application.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. John Hospital & Medical Center in February 2013.

Interview

Interview was quick. Very knowledgeable of the job I was applying for. Bring paper and pen so they don't have to repeat anything. I had a great overall experience.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at St. John Hospital & Medical Center (Detroit, MI) in July 2012.

Interview

I work as a employee and was taken under the wings of senior management.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the orginazation to make it stronger.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They didn't offer but one time take it or leave it.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. John Hospital & Medical Center (Sterling Heights, MI) in September 2009.

Interview

Very intimidating group interview. Felt like that was being interrogated.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if one stakeholder wanted something over another   Answer Question