St. John Providence Health System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

St. John Providence Health System Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.4

Lab Assist Phlebotomy Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at St. John Providence Health System in July 2017.

Interview

felt comfortable they were warm and welcoming. they asked coworker relation questions , what I would do in certain situations . they took me on a tour of there lab . it was very nice and much smaller than Detroit's. everybody seemed nice

Interview Questions

• what would I do regarding me and other employees in certain situations   Answer Question

Unit Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at St. John Providence Health System (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

Mainly the concern was that I had experience which I did. I was taken through the Emergency Dept to determine if I could work in such a high pressure area. I was given their expectations for me, which I found reasonable at the time. Most of the work was in the inputing of lab request for the ER md's.

Interview Questions

• Had I worked for a hospital before? I had worked as a receptionist and assistant to the Chief Information Officer at Daniel Freeman Hospital's Data Center from 1999 - 2000. I loved my job there but was laid off due to a buyout of our hospital.   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at St. John Providence Health System (Novi, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

Very comfortable and non-intimidating. The interview was conducted with the nurse manager of the unit and the assistant clinical leader. Some of the questions were a bit challenging, but they helped me through the thought process with additional helpful questions.

Interview Questions

• What is an innovative or creative idea in solving a problem you've encountered   Answer Question

Patient Care Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at St. John Providence Health System (Warren, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

When I finish applied it was online, it took about a month to get a call for the interview. Once I had my interview with the unit manager it get very well. Not only did she want to know about my experience work wise but she also wanted to know about me as a person. It was perfect and calm not nerve wrecking like some interviews can be.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle the stress that comes along with it being really busy on the unit?   1 Answer

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. John Providence Health System (Detroit, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty standard, all the usual questions. We went over my resume including work history and experience. It was a panel interview with the dept. Manager and the coordinator. I also met with two lead processors, a peer interview, if you will. It all went really well. If you have experience of course you have a really good chance to get hired. There is a typing test that you take online.

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at St. John Providence Health System (Detroit, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview questions are all behavioural and situation based, so be prepared to tell a few applicable stories. The interview is nice and easy and done in a conversation style and they make you feel welcome for the most part. My interview was done with two people, but they said that the main manager was out of town and i would be asked for a second one later. They are easy if you have a lot of diverse life experience to draw situations from, but difficult as sometimes the questions are too specific or too vague. For instance one off the questions assumed that you have a certain personality weakness, and this is actually my strength so it was hard to come up with a situation where i struggled.. There was a competency portion where i felt that the interveiwer was not listening to me, and would tell me the right answer.. and that was exactly what i had said

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you made a decision that did not turn out as you had planned?   Answer Question

Interview

I met with the Food Service manager and was asked several questions. There were many interviews going on around me at the same time.The interview itself was not difficult. It took management about one month after I applied to get a hold of me for an interview. Then it took an additional several weeks to actually get hired in.

Pct Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at St. John Providence Health System (Madison Heights, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was very nice, she gave me a tour around the building very pleasant. They made me feel very comfortable offered me a beverage, asked plenty of questions to get to know me as a person.

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at St. John Providence Health System (Novi, MI).

Interview

Panel Interview, phone screen, manager interview and peer interview. all straight forward behavioral and situational interview questions as expected. in person interview took about an hour, received call from HR with offer about 1 week after. follow up with pre employment physical and drug screen prior to start date

Interview Questions

Interview

Stress is on how well you deal with patient's, if you take negative personalities personally or if you have the ability to put everything into perspective and remember that you are dealing with sick people and have no idea what they are going through and be empathetic(this may be just my view because I feel this is the mentality you should have when dealing with patient's) Also, you are viewed for your ability to work overtime if the need arises as this dept is a 24hr operation.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond if faced with a patient for admission that is physically ill (noticeably scarred, horribly disfigured)?   1 Answer