St. Joseph Health System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 3, 2017

2.8

Certified Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at St. Joseph Health System (Lubbock, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call to come in for an interview a few days later. It was an in-person interview with a nurse manager. It was very straight-forward and I was offered the position at the end of the interview.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Joseph Health System (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview consist of 9 nurses and 2 doctors. Of the individuals on the panel: 1 nurse, was the Director of both Case Management and Utilization Management, and the Cheif Officer of St. Jude at the time.

Interview Questions

• When I was interviewed, there were a panel of nurses to ask questions abuot the my leadership style. The Director was sphereheading the review, as well as the Supervisor at that time. The questions were to direct my attention to a staff which was very channeling to other former Directors and Supervisors. They needed someone whom was well rounded yet firm. They felt that I would provide good leadership which would allow a better working environment. The Doctor and Director whom I interviewed with, felt that I was well rounded and that my knowledge about the work was excellent. They recieved feedback from my former employer based on a leadership position as a Director of both Case Managment and Utilization Management. The interview was both written and verbal questions for someone in a leadership role.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Joseph Health System (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very slow process. I applied in early September, didn't get called for an interview until the mid October. Great interview--and they told me the next step (round of interviews) wouldn't happen until around Thanksgiving! I couldn't believe it, but it's now mid-November and I haven't heard a word.

Interview Questions

• Great questions about my philosophy of care, what's important, how have I handled difficult situations.   Answer Question

RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at St. Joseph Health System (Winchester, KY) in October 2016.

Interview

I was called by the Unit Manager and asked to come in for an interview and when I hesitated, they offered for me to bring my child. The manager was very pushy. I felt uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• Where did they think I would fit in at?   1 Answer

MRI Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at St. Joseph Health System (Orange, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

they already know who they want to hire- why are they wasting my time!? they are not looking for the best qualified person, they want a tool- full-time position- 10 hour shifts- need help asap- sounds great

Mental Health Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at St. Joseph Health System (Lake Forest, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Applicants must interview with many different people, including the director of Community Benefit, the Clinical Manager, and other Mental Health Therapists. Applicants must be fluent in Spanish, even if the job requirement doesn't specify bilingual. Must be able to demonstrate they can work as a team member, and be willing to share an office with several other employees.

Sterile Processing Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at St. Joseph Health System (Saint Paul, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

Nice and comfortable. Very professional, started with questions about previous employment. Explained the tasks and skills of sterile processing I've experienced. Manager explained what she was looking for and what the role would be.Dicussed how I would benefit the position and what would be expected in the role.manager explained the daily tasks and schedule of the position. How many employees are in the department.What is the role of each position.

Interview Questions

• How would I react in a conflict with another employee.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Waiting for references to move forward.

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. Joseph Health System (Paterson, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

I am not sure what the hiring process is because I have not yet heard back but the interview was a panel of people from the care management department. They called me after I had recently applied and through then I scheduled an interview with them a week later.

Interview Questions

• What are you strengths and weaknesses?
      What do you know about St. Josephs?
      How do you handle and manage a large caseload of patients?
      How do you work in a collaborative team?
      Answer Question

Home Health Liaison Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at St. Joseph Health System (Anaheim, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I went to 4 different interviews and interviewed with at least 6 different people. I first was contacted by HR and we spoke on the phone. Salary was not discussed at all. If I would have known how much they were going to offer at the beginning, I most likely would not have bothered. I had to drive over 60 miles round trip for all 3 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you handled a difficult situation. At every interview!   1 Answer
    • How well my customer service was   1 Answer

Medical Assistant Float Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at St. Joseph Health System (Anaheim, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

A recruiter first gave me a phone interview to ask about qualifications, mostly yes and no type questions. They will also ask your expected starting salary. I was interviewed in a group setting with four other applicants by two recruiters. All questions were regarding how to handle certain scenarios. The whole process was pretty easy and comfortable even though it was a group interview.