St. Joseph’s Healthcare System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 2, 2017

2.8

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Joseph’s Healthcare System (Paterson, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

first someone called to ask some questions and set up the interview, then you meet with a couple of people at the same time, and they all ask you different questions, then you get called for a second interview with more people. its a lot of people asking you questions. it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, how do you handle stress, how are you with sick people, tell me a time you had to go above and beyond, tell me a time you had to help someone you work with.   1 Answer

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at St. Joseph’s Healthcare System (New York, NY).

Interview

I got an email to set up an interviewed date. When I went in, it was 1:1 interview with 4 pharmacists. Fair interview questions. General questions with a few STAR questions.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Joseph’s Healthcare System.

Interview

Interviewed with nurse recruiter and then was passed on to the nurse manager at the Paterson campus. Basic nursing interview questions. Spoke about the position available for hire. Nurse manager asked more nursing specific questions but nothing out of left field. Gave me a tour of the unit before leaving.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle patients on a ventilator and what would you teach them. (position on a med/srug vent unit)   Answer Question

Respiratory Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. Joseph’s Healthcare System (Paterson, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

I received a call from the coordinator from the RT Department asking to set up an interview. I applied online and 5 days later I got a call back. I went to the interview and interviewed with the manger for over an 1 hour. He let me know that if I was chosen for the job I would be contacted by HR and I would have to come in for a background check.

Radiation Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. Joseph’s Healthcare System (Paterson, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

Three interviews (Supervisor, Radiation Oncologist, Oncology Director). The interview process was long and human resources was not quick to reply to emails or follow up with each interview. The person they recently hired for recruiting radiology and oncology lost my paperwork after already setting up an interview. Very disorganized and not a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• An elderly patient is being treated for a hip and they are unable to keep their arms above the head as simulated. What would you do?   1 Answer

Patient Access Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. Joseph’s Healthcare System (Paterson, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

someone called me to set up interview,
    i met with few woman in the department and then met with the HR manager.
    Everyone one was very nice and it was easy to get to, the interview was not stressful nor intimidating.
    Had to pay for my own parking but it was worth it when I got the job offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your best skill?
      Why do you want to work at this hospital?
      what do you like to do
      Answer Question

WIC Nutritionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Joseph’s Healthcare System (Paterson, NJ).

Interview

Met with the nutritionist supervisor once; questions were pretty basic, and she took me around the office to meet other staff. Also met with an HR representative for standard questions. No additional testing or evaluation was required. Both contacts were pretty friendly, and I didn't have to meet with anyone else in the process. I do remember having to wait awhile for things to move along--which often happens when applying for a hospital position.

Interview Questions

Interview

Interviewed with several people in Human Resources and then Management. They were very gentle and polite and flexible in their schedules.The best department at the Hospital is the Human Resources Department. They outsource the reference process. they do have a drug screening and background check as any other hospital.

Hospital Liaison Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at St. Joseph’s Healthcare System (Clifton, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

I met with two different people one women is in HR and the other is my potential supervisor. Very fun and lovely experience. I must say one of the very best interviews I have ever been on. They don't ask you typical questions which I love they want to know more about you they don't treat you like another resume. I don't know if I got the job yet but I hope I do because I would love to work with them from what I gather they are a loyal company that really cares.

Interview Questions

• Who are you. They are interested in you as a person your likes and dislikes.   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. Joseph’s Healthcare System (Paterson, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

applied for the position through the website career services. Within a week a received a phone call from Hr calling me in for an interview. I first met with the nurse recruiter who asked me general questions about my education, precious work experience, and why I wanted to work they. Then I met with the nurse manager and nurse educator who explained to me more about the unit and asked me pretty much the same questions.